PDA

View Full Version : New Beast Form Ideas.

Glacialstream
11-16-2017, 03:04 AM
So; there are a great many different beast forms already in game. There are the creepier beats like spiders and bats. There are the less intimidating ones such as cows, pigs, deers, etc. The things that have interested me so much about this game however are the permanent decision based forms. Druids and lycans to be exact. It is an incredible thing to just be an animal whenever you want to as a druid and fly around and as a lycan to just transform with drawbacks being associated with each of course. This idea could be expanded though, and the recent halloween event gave me an idea. Why not add a Dragon beast form? This would be one of the most incredible forms in the game. You could pledge yourself to a god of fire, or maybe it is a lost power from an unknown god that was killed long ago from a broken shrine. It could be similar to Battle Chemistry in terms of needing certain skills raised to even get it. It seems like it could go so far in depth, maybe having a high fire combat skill affects certain aspects on the dragon skill. It could even be made to where the higher the skill is the bigger your dragon form becomes or perhaps the color of your scales change. Of course flight would be possible in this form, and there could be various damage types involved in this form such as crushing, fire, piercing, and the list goes on. The drawbacks of this form could be similar to the druids. Perhaps from time to time they are required to do acts for this god they got their power from. Perhaps you permanently take extra damage from certain types of damage such as electricity or cold. It just seems like this beast form would sync perfectly in this game and dragons are iconic creatures of fantasy and are usually nothing but positive additions in games such as this one. This is just one idea I have had of a few. You guys have any ideas or care to give your opinion on my idea?

jaspen
11-16-2017, 07:04 AM
You mention dragons being an iconic fantasy creatures and you are right. This comment is based on that alone and not with PGs world. With that said, when games start letting players be dragons, I think it cheapens what a dragon is in that typical sense. They are usually rare, powerful and ancient, not abundant creatures standing around a well auctioning, dancing and reading poetry in an inn.

I understand someone's desire to play them but in doing so I think it destroys what they are or stand for.

Glacialstream
11-16-2017, 07:29 AM
You mention dragons being an iconic fantasy creatures and you are right. This comment is based on that alone and not with PGs world. With that said, when games start letting players be dragons, I think it cheapens what a dragon is in that typical sense. They are usually rare, powerful and ancient, not abundant creatures standing around a well auctioning, dancing and reading poetry in an inn.

I understand someone's desire to play them but in doing so I think it destroys what they are or stand for.

I understand what you are saying. You are correct in PG being different from other games as well. This was just an idea however and perhaps it can be changed and turned differently. It could be an incredibly difficult skill to obtain making them very rare and few of them. It could be a thing like the bunny juice which to my knowledge was a one day thing or a limited timed event. It could even be a dragon-like creature. Born of fire and with the simple goal to destroy as their god commands them to do. There have been many different depictions of dragons in many different cultures in many different ways. From being wise magical creatures, to being seemingly bloodthirsty beasts. I for one must say I disagree with you. However they want to depict what a dragon would be in their game is how it is. No where else do you see elves with an insatiable sex drive that this game has ingrained in it. Dragons or dragon like creatures dancing at serbule well does not seem too far fetched.

Crissa
11-16-2017, 11:07 AM
I always hate the idea that letting players access to a creature or race 'cheapens' it.

Dragons in Horizons were awesome, but I didn't want to play one. But the amount of work that they needed was nearly an entire game unto themselves...

Tiamat
11-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Dragon form would be temporary if added in at all, according to Eric, some two years and five months ago: (http://gorgonmmo.com/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/526-what-are-the-planned-races-for-project-gorgon?start=10#3553)

If you can be a dragon, it'd be a temporary form. Dragons are so large that they would need their own towns, and would have the whole "cows can't talk to NPCs" problem at an entirely different scale. I know there was that one game that let you play as a dragon, did they let you be full size ones, though? I mean, dragons in the Project: Gorgon world are bigger than most of the houses in Serbule...

Oxlazr
11-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Probably worth mentioning that being a dragon wouldn't really be a "curse" - though I know of several games that pull it off reasonably well. My main concern is that dragon form would dwarf other animal forms, plus it'd be difficult to imagine a dragon wandering around in Serbule Crypts.

Overall, I don't particularly mind what animal forms pop up, but I think the whole animal curse thing really needs some mechanical reworks for it ever to be more than a gimmick, and that should probably be addressed first.

It's pretty plain to see that Project Gorgon's abilities have some limitations - for example, you can have a movement speed buff, but you can't have a typical "Warrior Charge" ability that many games have. In that regard, it feels like the game could almost work as a turn-based system - the point is that literally any animal form could theoretically work within Project Gorgon because they don't require specific animations for fancy attacks.

Regardless, I figure foxes and horses are probably a fairly reasonable option.

ShieldBreaker
11-16-2017, 10:13 PM
I recast my vote for Fae Bee Form

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?421-Can-I-be-a-Bee-Pleasssse

I didn't think bunny would work as a form, but it is the form I have the most fun with. It is hard to say what could work and what wouldn't, Citan could change his mind. But basically I'm thinking that in the end if we had a dragon form it would end up being on par with a rabbit of the same level, more or less. So it probably be disappointing cause you wouldn't feel overpowered.

Crissa
11-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes, you could be a very, very large dragon in Horizons.

It required a ton of crafting, special quests, raid-like mechanics and rituals.

Very cool. I just played a cat.

Glacialstream
11-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Personally, I just would like some kind of reptilian form in general. Maybe dragons are bit too much sure; very large as per what Citan said. Its just an idea though. Other than a turtle. a Turtle is rather boring. Dragon came in my mind mainly because they are unique in the aspect of it could be the only beat form with an alternative to using fire magic by literally breathing fire and stuff and recieve bonuses in fire magic. Basically, a beast that could fly and still have a form of magical attack. A magical beast so to speak. Also if it was added I would hope it wasnt overpowered. Just being dragon-like creature would be cool, just like being a wolf is cool. I also thought about the "curse" aspect of it by saying it could be like druid where you choose it and turn human and beast at your own whim. Did not think about the size issue in my idea. Again it just an idea really, and this post is really made to discuss any and all ideas and opinions on them. Anyone have other beast forms that you think would be cool to see in game?

srand
11-19-2017, 08:14 PM
a Turtle is rather boring.

Pfft. Speak for yourself. I want to be a mata-mata.

Glacialstream
11-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Different strokes for different folks I guess

Raozum
11-20-2017, 09:53 PM
Maybe taming a dragon could be a possibility. Or perhaps, a Dragon-newt race, where if they have mastered X, Y, Z skills, and completed a certain quest, did some sacrifices to the dragon god, they could take dragon form for say 2 hours or so. It should be Incredibly hard to do so, so much so that it could even take like a month of work just to get to use 2 hours of OP dragon form. Maybe it would be useful for Guild Wars, or Inter-country wars etc. Also, like how a Dragon-newt race can temp take on dragon form, maybe other races too should have some "godly form", like Humans get the power of Hercules/Zeus or whoever, Elves can transform into Vampires for sometime, Rakshas become giant flying tigers. Well, your imagination is the limit. The conclusion is, IF there is a dragon form, it SHOULD be OP, but at the same time you have to already be OP to even try to obtain the form, so if one can find maybe 1-2 dragon form players every 200 or so people, that would be kinda balanced, perhaps.

Tagamogi
11-20-2017, 10:10 PM
As far as reptiles go, I rather like komodo dragons although I'll concede that they may be a bit less epic to play than a proper house-size fantasy dragon...

Glacialstream
11-21-2017, 04:38 AM
Komodo dragon would be pretty cool actually. I imagine if there was a Komodo form then there would be a LOT of speed buff abilities or mods. Seems like it would fit it well. A serpent of some kind would be cool too. The dance could be really really cool on a serpent. That would be a bit harder to animate though probably. And no matter how a dragon form would be implemented it would be cool. I would personally prefer it not to be a temporary thing and not be op so I can hang out in dragon form on a rock or something like I do as an owl in game already lol. Maybe instead of a dragon form which might be a bit too big it could be a drake? Kind of like in the enemies in the original darksouls. They arent too terribly large. Maybe something a bit smaller than them. The more I talk about this stuff the more I desperately wish to soar the skies of serbule and roast a pig every now and then when I land lol.

Daguin
11-21-2017, 05:37 PM
I could see dragons being implemented as enhanced mounts, which we already have to look forward to, or AH pets.

Crissa
11-21-2017, 09:29 PM
I still want player-beasts as mounts ^-^ I wanna be able to carry people.

Glacialstream
11-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Me too. I mean surely they will anyways when mounts are added right? I do not see a cow player riding a horse to get around places. Like equip a saddle and players can request to ride you.

AnyButton
11-22-2017, 01:24 AM
It would be really cool to see a dragon type mount, even like a wyvern or something. Although, a griffon would be cool too, but I'm not sure if it would fit PG.

Greenberg
12-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Giant Bee form is a must fits into the game perfectly.

pilotfisherman
12-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Giant Bee form is a must fits into the game perfectly.

Yes, the buzzing fairy can train us.

pilotfisherman
12-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Pfft. Speak for yourself. I want to be a mata-mata.

I'm glad it has come to this. The last time I looked at this thread I was considering that turtles may be allowed to train Shield skill and use it without needing to equip one. Could still equip one like you can do now but would be consistent with it not counting towards allowing the Shield skill to be active due to no-hands-syndrome.

Tagamogi
12-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Ok, if turtles can use the Shield skill in animal form, I'm totally playing one. Now, next question: Will turtles be able to use dyes to color their shells? :)

Sasaki
12-14-2017, 02:25 AM
I'm fashionably late to the party as always, but I'd really enjoy an amphibious creature that gains bonuses in water. Turtle could be cool, So could some form of water snake, frog, or hell a full playable mer-person race.

Glacialstream
12-14-2017, 06:30 AM
You know, a giant bee would "bee" pretty cool. Honestly I just hope whatever new beast form comes out wont be considered "weak" by everyone and not worth investing time leveling up. I managed to obtain a rabbit potion and everyone openly declares it is incredibly weak at high levels compared to a lot of other skills. If a bee form comes out I will instantly be assuming its better than rabbit and probably be deleting that character for the bee instead.

Greenberg
01-27-2018, 02:56 AM
Bee, Fox and Horse form are a few more.

Celler
01-27-2018, 10:47 AM
A fast swimming, water breathing and mega jumping frog I'd like.

Rhawkas
03-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Thoughts on adding something like evolved animal forms? Like you get a certain set of rabbit, beast, and maybe some general skills to a certain level and then you can do a quest to become a jackalope?

Rhawkas
04-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Some other beast forms that I think would be interesting to see:
Horse
Chicken
Some kind of feline. Tiger?
Bear

Ketsum
05-27-2018, 05:03 PM
Personally I would like to play squirrel, cute fluffy good at hiding. I'd then use necromancy to summon a horde of undead to do my bidding while I search for nuts

snowe
05-30-2018, 10:59 AM
Polar Bear - An animal tank alternative to cow. It is differentiated by being notably resistant to cold - innately able to walk about Kur Mountains without worrying about body heat, and even tolerating Gazluk with little difficulty at higher levels. As a trade off, meals/snacks last only 75% (for meaty dishes) or 50% (for non-meaty dishes) of their normal duration due to the sheer volume they must eat to sustain their energy. Further, their innate cold resistance is dependent on having either a food or a snack buff active. Skill are primarily piercing/slashing, with bleeding DoT effects and skill-triggered mitigation differentiating them from cow tanks. Druids are later able to learn to assume a 'polar bear' form on reaching L75.

Treant - An advanced 'animal form' not recommended for newer players due to the enhanced restrictions resulting from its size. It benefits from an innate percentage bonus to its armor pool and enhanced health regeneration at all times. Treants suffer a -5 base movement speed reduction and can't regenerate power while moving, but regenerate power normally when still and at an enhanced rate when still and in (but not under) water. They are somewhat vulnerable to fire (branches and leaves burn easily, adding a small DoT effect to any direct fire attack suffered), and are possibly unable to enter some buildings and/or dungeons due to their physical size. Skills are primarily crushing and nature based, with roots and snaring effects being common along side the ability to summon several short duration 'sapling' pets in combat. They may also have a self-regeneration/heal skill similar to what's found in ice magic which temporarily immobilizes them in exchange for temporarily increased resists and regeneration rates. Druids are later able to learn to assume a 'treant' form on reaching L100.

preechr
05-30-2018, 01:44 PM
I like the Polar Bear and the Treebeard/Groot ideas... If you take the Cold Tolerance of the Polar Bear and apply that to Heat Tolerance on a Rhino, substituting slashing for goring and pushing/knockdowns you'd have a CC tankmonster

Ketsum
06-01-2018, 11:37 PM
I hope they allow vampires to shift into and out of giant bat form or something like it. Maybe a smaller bat form just for them

Oxlazr
06-02-2018, 01:21 AM
I hope they allow vampires to shift into and out of giant bat form or something like it. Maybe a smaller bat form just for them

I'm sort of torn on this. I'd prefer they had a travel form they could use at night, akin to raven form for druids.

If you play deer form right now, you're a whole lot better off being a druid - this might bring up a problem for bat players that don't want to be vampires.

Although I wonder if "regular" bat players could simply have an alternative appearance.

Which brings me to my next point - instead of having separate skillsets for each animal form, I'd like to see things like fox form using the wolf's skillset, for example (nevermind this brings up issues with lycanthropy, but it'll do as an example) rather than having a huge array of animal forms that are locked behind various curses and novelties.

sh0u
06-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Aquatic transformations would be cool

Velaethia
12-09-2019, 02:35 AM
Dragon form would be temporary if added in at all, according to Eric, some two years and five months ago: (http://gorgonmmo.com/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/526-what-are-the-planned-races-for-project-gorgon?start=10#3553)

2 solutions to this.

1: Make them make smaller dragons, or make drakes (with wings).

2: Make them remain humanoid but gain draconic appearance.

Vish
12-09-2019, 07:47 AM
As Always Big NO for any players dragon/semi-dragon Forms just no

IF we (players) for real wanna permanent Animal Form then maybe adding permanent Animal Curse is the right option: those permanent Animal form can freely change between any on animal forms but never can back to be humanoid.