PDA

View Full Version : Group loot free drops

Murk
11-12-2017, 04:22 AM
I heard a rumor today, which I don't believe.

The rumor intimated that when you are in a loot free group that there is a strong tendency for the loot to be for those skills of the leader of the group. Is this just hearsay or is there something to it?

Tagamogi
11-12-2017, 10:02 AM
That is correct from what I found. When I am playing with my friend and we set the loot to free, the random mob loot always uses the skills of the leader of the group ( minus the usual random skill mods creeping in once in a while that don't match anything). Loot from chests will still match the skills of the person looting rather than the leader's, and I believe loot from bosses as well. We've been using this method quite reliably to control which loot drops.

/loot turns will correctly have the item mods match the skills of the person looting.

From my very very brief experience with it, /loot unchecked may also match the skills of the person looting rather than the leader. We haven't done enough testing with that setting though to be sure.

Murk
11-12-2017, 12:45 PM
That free behavior doesn't seem "right".

OpieFisher
11-12-2017, 12:50 PM
/loot free is absolutely jacked up and functions the way you described,the leader of the group's skillset is what gets dropped.

Khaylara
11-12-2017, 02:20 PM
I didn't realize it was the group leader's skillsets, I don't group very often. But now that you mention it I do get ice magic and psych mods way too often (when I'm not using them myself), grp leader using that combo.

Niph
11-12-2017, 02:57 PM
All the blame on me. :) Next time we start a group, remind me to ask who wants loot!