PDA

View Full Version : Crafted Gear

Bakau
11-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Am I able to get someone to make me gold lvl70 gear that has specific skill combos on it like archery/mentalism ie on the head i want achery base damag +40% on the head piece etc?

INXS
11-09-2017, 03:53 PM
I think highest base damage for combat skills on helm is +23%, making yellow gear is a gambling game, i got very nice yellow pants on 4th or 5th try, for gloves and boots i'm at over 20 tries each and just some purples to show.

Bakau
11-09-2017, 04:00 PM
I am not a crafter - I see a lot of yellow gear for sale but is the generic stats ie extra health etc on it not skill specific. Is it possible for me to get someone to specifically make me something with specific skills on it?

Sheawanna
11-09-2017, 04:31 PM
crafting is still a rng game , yellow could be had In one try or perhaps a 100 . its little more difficult to make a gear item and do away with the generic skills . asking someone to make you a specific skill set gear your talking 1000's of tries if even then . Your best bet is get someone to make you a good set of yellow gear and you yourself learn to mod it / extract/ add skill you might want .

Tagamogi
11-09-2017, 04:39 PM
The way crafted gear generally works is that you use two gems that control the mods on the finished item. For example, using a peridot and a topaz should result in an item with archery/mentalism mods.

The number of mods on an item is random - the crafted item may be anything from a green to a yellow. So, if you really want a yellow item, be prepared for crafting 10-20 or more of the same item until you get lucky. Purples are reasonably easy to get, but will still likely take a few tries.

If you use a recipe for max-enchanted gear, the resulting item will have one more mod than it normally would. For example, a green item will have 2 mods instead of 1. ( I think that's how that works - someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I got so confused on this initially - I thought I'd just get a blue item instead of green, but I think it leaves the color the same while upping the mods.)

While the mods on the crafted item should correspond to the skill gems used, the actual mods themselves will be any random, level-appropriate mods for those skills. If you want to change them, you will need to transmute the mod yourself since transmuting an item will bind it to you. I'm not sure if you even need to level transmutation for this? Can anyone walk up to the table and change a mod as long as they buy the needed phlogiston?

There are multiple different sets of craftable level 70 armor but I'm not sure what the base stats of them are. I have been crafting leatherworking winter gear for myself, but if you are not concerned about cold resistance, that may not be the optimal choice. Leatherworking has regular leather gear, winter gear and a few evasion pieces. Tailoring has regular cloth gear and some camouflaged gear, and toolcrafting has snail and spring fairy. Carpentry also allows the creation of magic staffs. I don't think there is currently any way in the game to craft other weapons, shields, necklaces or rings.

If you like, I should be able to do any leatherworking combines for you. However:
1. You'd need to provide all materials for all attempts
2. I play somewhat flakily and often with my chat window closed, so it would be easiest to set up a time and place for this on the forums
3. I can only do leatherworking.

Edit: Also, there is augmentation! You can extract a mod from one item ( destroying the original item) and then apply it to another item. Applying a mod will use up enhancement points, so you can only apply one extra mod per item, and it will block you from applying other enhancements like +armor to the augmented item unless you remove your aug again. You can get augments from other players and I think they could also apply them for you, but finding the right aug could be tricky - I don't think there is currently a market for them and everyone's just pretty much doing their own augmentation.
Also, note that augmentation requires a gem of the appropriate color for the skill mod being extracted. If there is more than one mod for that particular skill on the item, which mod is actually extracted is random.

Bakau
11-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Ahh nice work thanks for the explanation - seems I will need lots of periodt and topaz's - what other mats are needed apart form those 2 gems do I need? I may get you to make me some and see how I go.

Tagamogi
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM
The Wiki has the mats for each piece of gear: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Leatherworking/Recipes . For example, the level 70 amazing winter hood takes 2 amazing leather rolls ( = 2 amazing animal skins + 2 amazing tannin powder), 2 wool, 1 tuft of fur, and then 2 crystals ( peridot + topaz for you). Other pieces may require more leather or wool, but it's really not all that bad. You can usually just buy the skins from Sirine's Used tab in Rahu, and then the tannin powder from her regular selling menu. Kleave in Eltibule may have some amazing skins as well.

The max-enchanted versions then require one extra glowy yellow crystal + one vervadium which are the expensive parts. There's usually some in the player stalls. You can collect them yourself in Gazluk, but carrying the yellow crystals around will quickly give you a disease that will kill you, so it's rather annoying to collect them. Some players will sell you coated crystals which will not cause the disease. ( Coating the crystals requires high level transmutation + phlogiston). Vervadium is a barter item from an NPC in Gazluk in exchange for yellow crystals and may also be found in player stalls. (I've only talked to that NPC once and died since they were close to yellow crystals, so my general feeling is that I don't really need max-enchanted gear all that badly. :p)

Bakau
11-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks for that that also makes it hard to learn the higher level ice magic spells. Also, how do you get a primary and secondary crystal?

Tagamogi
11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
The primary and secondary crystals are just whichever gems you drag into those slots on the recipe. The game uses the words gem and crystal pretty interchangeably. You can get your own gems from surveying or buy them from player stalls for less hassle. Peridots tend to be somewhat rarer, so you may consider posting a work order for them.

If that wasn't clear, the exact materials for a regular enchanted amazing winter hood for archery + mentalism would be 2 amazing leather rolls + 2 wool + 1 tuft of fur + 1 peridot + 1 topaz. I don't think it makes any difference whether the peridot or the topaz is used as the primary crystal. If there is an odd number of mods, I think it's random whether the primary or the secondary gem gets more mods. ( So, peridot primary, topaz secondary may result in either 2 archery/1 mentalism or 1 archery/2 mentalism on a 3-mod item. I have to admit I have not actually paid all that much attention to the gear I crafted, though, so I could be wrong.)

Bakau
11-09-2017, 07:34 PM
With the Glowing yellow crystals for ice magic - any vendor sell them or because of the disease they don't? I am thinking how do I get them eventually for when I learn higher level ice spells

ShieldBreaker
11-09-2017, 08:16 PM
With the Glowing yellow crystals for ice magic - any vendor sell them or because of the disease they don't? I am thinking how do I get them eventually for when I learn higher level ice spells

Yellow Crystals, first you need protective gear to enable you to handle them, There is a camp of NPCs in Gazluk that has a person that sells that gear. Then there are a dozen location in Gazluk that you mine the crystals from. Your protection won't let you carry too many of them at a time. You can learn in New Prestonbule a way to render the crystals safe. Or you can have storage crates ready to gather them into. But you always have to be careful not to collect too large a pile of unsafe ones.

Bakau
11-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Thanks for that - I sort of was hoping there may be some for sale on vendors as my mining is not high.

EDIT: Is there a minimum mining skill to mine glowing yellow crystals - if so what is it?

INXS
02-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Survey, lots of it, get your geology/mining up stack up the gems you want sell/trade others. If you can handle hunting outdoor Gazluk and can do skinning, mining then crafing gear L 70 is basically yours.