PDA

View Full Version : Error: Your computer seems to be running faster than real-time.

Krakatau
11-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Error: Your computer seems to be running faster than real-time. Disable all third-party 'game accelerator' software and firmware.

I keep getting this message and I am most certainly not running any kind of third party software. I'm playing on a crappy laptop on satellite internet (puke) and I keep getting this message when I spam attack skills. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'm not running anything.

Citan
11-04-2017, 02:48 AM
It can happen if you have an EXTREMELY laggy connection, or just a sudden spike where connectivity drops. It means the server threw out your commands because they seem invalid, but it's not flagging you as being a dirty hacker or anything.

I added that message text because some people don't even realize they are running clock-accelerator software, because some AMD machines come with it pre-installed. If you get this 100% reliably while meditating, it's definitely software. (Meditating takes 30 seconds, so even small clock acceleration can add up to a measurable amount.) If you get it only occasionally, it's probably just network lag.

Krakatau
11-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Thank you. Was worried it was being logged that I was cheating. My connection is always extremely laggy lol. Going to the moon and back will do that I guess.