PDA

View Full Version : Oct 31st Log In

Joahalex
10-31-2017, 04:02 AM
Anybody else having trouble logging in this morning? My status show connected on the log in page. Can't seem to move into the game.

Tks

Silvonis
10-31-2017, 04:29 AM
You should always open using the launcher, but I have to ask whether you are? The latest update went live.

Joahalex
10-31-2017, 04:43 AM
Yes. Using the launcher, Restarted computer.

Ranguvar
10-31-2017, 04:56 AM
I'm unable to log in this morning as well. I am using the launcher.

Silvonis
10-31-2017, 05:28 AM
The server is up and there people online playing. Are you using the Windows launcher? Also, please give a detailed description of what exactly is occurring.

Silvonis
10-31-2017, 05:28 AM
The server is up and there people online playing. Are you using the Windows launcher? If you have not played in a while - have you downloaded the latest launcher from the front page? Also, if each of you can give a detailed description of the issue that would be helpful. Thanks.

Ranguvar
10-31-2017, 05:43 AM
I am using the windows Launcher, and I was playing just before the update last night.

In the windows Launcher, below the Username:, PassWord:, Log In! button & Log In As Guest button, it says...

Loaded Hotfix: October 31 Hotfix
After Clicking the Log In! button it says

Working: Logging In...
for about 10 seconds, then goes back to the log in.

In my output_log.txt it says...

New Network State: Connecting... (Unconnected -> Connecting)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ReadProc ending!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Connect failed! Reason: No such host is known.

Also, running Windows 10 64bit home edition, if that makes any difference.

Ranguvar
10-31-2017, 05:54 AM
Also, in the output_log.txt file...

New Network State: Connected (Connecting -> ConnectedButNotLoggedIn)

ReadProc ending!

Network state is ConnectedButNotLoggedIn but actually we're not connected! OUT OF SYNC!

Citan
10-31-2017, 06:51 AM
The out of sync message happens when you shut down. Messages after "Readproc ending!" don't usually mean much. But "No such host is known" could mean your computer can't figure out the IP address to the server. That doesn't seem very likely if you were playing yesterday, though. Nothing about the DNS names or IPs has changed in weeks.

So I don't know why you can't log in; I don't see anything wrong with the server (or related ops stuff like DNS), and I don't know why the client is failing. Please send your whole log to eric@projectgorgon.com and maybe I can find another clue.

Also, it'd be useful if could also make sure your machine can tell what s0.projectgorgon.com refers to. If you issue this command from a command prompt:

ping -4 s0.projectgorgon.com

You should get something like this:

Pinging s0.projectgorgon.com [172.82.141.130] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 172.82.141.130:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

If you instead get something about "Ping request could not find host s0.projectgorgon.com," please let me know. I don't know how that could happen, but I'd like to at least rule it out.

Ranguvar
10-31-2017, 07:08 AM
I reinstalled the game, and can now get in. So the old log files are gone, and I can't send them.

I've only been playing for a few days, and the install files I used on Oct. 27th, looks like the same install files that I redownloaded today. I'm not sure what the reinstall did, but it worked.

Malice00
10-31-2017, 07:26 AM
I also can't log in. I use windows player. Before trying to log in I read the boards.
As soon as I open the log in page it states Status: connected; Loaded Hotfix: October 31 Hotfix
I rebooted and no change.

I also played up to 5 minutes before last nights update. So there is something funny with the update. I guess next step is to reinstall. Update after that.

UPDATE: For some reason the update did not upload. I went into launcher file and extracted launcher files. The patch down load is occurring as I write this update. Slow at 11% but updating. If you don't see another follow-up this worked and I am in game