PDA

View Full Version : racial traits?

Tagamogi
10-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Well, ok, the question I'm really wanting to ask is whether there is a way to increase the rate at which rakshasa gain peaceableness. With elves, it just takes a quick bath to raise hygiene to max. With humans, I'm not sure how long it takes to gain community, but playing as non-humans, it seems to me that community never goes down too far to begin with. With a rakshasa, once you are feeling a bit dead inside, it seems to take hours of sitting around town to go back to normal. Checking on my current progress, it seems I went up 5 peaceable points in 16 minutes, so about 3 minutes per point or 3 x 33 minutes to max, so 1.5 to 2 hours to go back to max peaceable level from zero? ( Or even longer? I just checked again after about 10 minutes, and seem to have made no progress at all at feeling calmer.) Is there a way to take up flower arranging or something to help me feel more peaceable faster? Or is just time for me to stop being mean and killing so many sentient creatures?

Tagamogi
10-27-2017, 12:14 PM
So, now, that I'm over my impatience with peacableness, I'm actually kind of curious: How do people feel about their racial traits? Do you pay attention to them at all? Do you like them? Do you think they are too easy/too annoying?

As a rakshasa, I like being peaceable, primarily because of the pretty green leaf icon. :) I usually don't pay much attention to the xp bonus. The main exception to that tends to be when I run the goblin dungeon a lot and really want to get a few more levels to equip that beautiful gear I just found. Sadly, running the goblin dungeon a lot also tends to coincide with a rather drastic drop in peaceableness since the game considers goblins sentient for some odd reason. (If they were really sentient, wouldn't they have learned to run when they see me coming?) Other than that, peaceableness seems like a very easy trait to maintain. As long as I'm not killing sentient creatures, I can stay out adventuring for days without having to worry about baths or company like the other races... On the downside, if I kill sentient creates, peacebleness does take a small eternity to go back up, but that seems a fairly reasonable compromise. Or it seems reasonable when I'm not itching to kill more goblins anyway...

ShieldBreaker
10-27-2017, 01:49 PM
With the starter races it is really easy to ignore the buff and debuff of the traits. Remember reading that there will be more to effect your traits later.

Daguin
11-08-2017, 04:47 PM
I completely ignore my elf's cleanliness traits as the benefit and drawback seems negligible, and I tend to lose the positive buff quickly in deep dungeon runs anyway.

INXS
11-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Yeah for elves cleanliness should be based on something to make it last longer, mine goes out so fast unless i'm fighting in water its always -1%