PDA

View Full Version : Screen Shots not saving to computer

Shadower
01-15-2017, 02:30 PM
This was reported in the old forums.

http://projectgorgon.com/forum/support/3404-screen-shots-not-saving-to-computer?limitstart=0

I am on an entirely different machine and I'm still having the same issue.

I'm curious if the in game screen capture is working for you?

I have reported this to devs.

alleryn
01-15-2017, 06:54 PM
Just tested and both the "Screenshot" (default Ctrl+P) and "Hi-Res Screenshot" (default None) Hotkeys worked for me, saving into a folder ProjectGorgon/screenshots

jingeman
01-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Yea it doesn't work for me either. My installation is to a drive D 2nd partition and the install folder is named ProjectGorgon\WindowsPlayer. Maybe that messes things up.

Shadower
01-16-2017, 02:36 AM
Just tested and both the "Screenshot" (default Ctrl+P) and "Hi-Res Screenshot" (default None) Hotkeys worked for me, saving into a folder ProjectGorgon/screenshots

How are you starting the game? Did you use the default location when you installed?

Shadower
01-16-2017, 02:51 AM
When loading the game via 'WindowsPlayer/WindowsPlayer.exe' the screen shot is saved to 'WindowsPlayer/WindowsPlayer_Data/Gorgon-year-month-day-time'.

I know this is not how the game is to be started, just an observation.

Sommerlund
01-16-2017, 04:46 AM
Is that an Amiga ball ?

Shadower
01-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Is that an Amiga ball ?

Yes, the Amiga Boing Ball.

alleryn
01-16-2017, 09:34 AM
How are you starting the game? Did you use the default location when you installed?

I did not use the default location when i installed.

Here is the full process i used when installing (if i recall correctly). I downloaded the windows installer for the launcher, which was a zipped folder. I unzipped that folder in it's default location (where i downloaded it to). That folder contains ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe (the launcher).

Upon running the launcher for the first time i was prompted to choose a location to install Project Gorgon. I changed the default install location to a folder of my choosing. That folder is called [install dir]/ProjectGorgon and contained one folder called WindowsPlayer which, in turn contains WindowsPlayer.exe, the game executable (among other files and folders).

{Aside: next the first couple times i launched the game i directly used WindowsPlayer.exe to launch the game, but i later found you are supposed to run the launcher, not the game executable}

Then i created a shortcut to the launcher (ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe) and pinned it to my taskbar. This shortcut is how i start the launcher and i use the launcher interface to start the game.

The screen shots are saving into [installdir]/ProjectGorgon/screenshots, a folder which appears to have been created when i first used the in-game screenshot functionality.

Shadower
01-16-2017, 01:33 PM
I did not use the default location when i installed.

Here is the full process i used when installing (if i recall correctly). I downloaded the windows installer for the launcher, which was a zipped folder. I unzipped that folder in it's default location (where i downloaded it to). That folder contains ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe (the launcher).

Upon running the launcher for the first time i was prompted to choose a location to install Project Gorgon. I changed the default install location to a folder of my choosing. That folder is called [install dir]/ProjectGorgon and contained one folder called WindowsPlayer which, in turn contains WindowsPlayer.exe, the game executable (among other files and folders).

{Aside: next the first couple times i launched the game i directly used WindowsPlayer.exe to launch the game, but i later found you are supposed to run the launcher, not the game executable}

Then i created a shortcut to the launcher (ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe) and pinned it to my taskbar. This shortcut is how i start the launcher and i use the launcher interface to start the game.

The screen shots are saving into [installdir]/ProjectGorgon/screenshots, a folder which appears to have been created when i first used the in-game screenshot functionality.

Thank you for the detailed info. I'll re-install using something other than the default install location. I've often thought that was a strange place to install a game or any program for that matter.

Shadower
01-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Installing to another directory made no difference.

I was looking at the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/ProjectGorgon/GorgonLauncher entries and I noticed that the DownloadDir entry type is REG_BINARY.

I have PG installed on a laptop with Windows 10, the screen shot function works just fine on that machine. The DownloadDir entry on that machine is type REG_SZ.

Does anyone know if this would matter?