PDA

View Full Version : Dev Blog, October 18 2017: The New UI Is Coming!

Citan
10-18-2017, 03:46 PM
The new blog post can be read here:

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/entry.php?27-Dev-Blog-Oct-18-2017-The-New-UI-Is-Coming!

I know it's been a while since the last game update, but we've been working VERY hard, and I think you'll like the results!

Ells0430
10-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Very exciting!! Can't wait to try it out :cool:

Raozum
10-18-2017, 08:33 PM
WOW! That's the first thing i thought when I saw the new UI. Thank you DEVs, for continuously working on this beautiful game. The new UI looks EPIC! The design seems Extremely convenient, elaborative, yet still in the spirit of the old one. Once again, thank you! Keep up the great work, and I will be sure to buy multiple copies on Steam Early access or wherever the game is released. :)

P.S. Sometimes I have thought that Project Gorgon should get released Right when VR has become mainstream, so that such an immersive game can become even more immersive :P

astronomicat
10-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Absolutely beautiful and worth the wait! Loved the blog post, thanks for explaining everything. Always a fascinating read.

drivendawn
10-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Looks awesome, can't wait to get my hands on it. Thank you for all the hard work you guys have done. I don't think some people know how hard programming UI can be, let alone for a small indie group. ;)

Niph
10-19-2017, 02:35 AM
Is there a chance that some of this art, and design parameters (colors, brush fading) can be reused in 3rd-party software?

Also, while the new UI looks great, I know people have different tastes in style. Perhaps some level of customization would make it even better (EQ UI started to look good the day players could change it). But I do not know if it was designed to make it eventually possible.

Silvonis
10-19-2017, 04:28 AM
Is there a chance that some of this art, and design parameters (colors, brush fading) can be reused in 3rd-party software?

Also, while the new UI looks great, I know people have different tastes in style. Perhaps some level of customization would make it even better (EQ UI started to look good the day players could change it). But I do not know if it was designed to make it eventually possible.

Regarding third party use of our UI design elements: Short answer no. Long Answer: No, unless given expressed written consent on a case by case basis. Specific requests can be sent to our support email.

Regarding UI color customizations: we don't have plans for that.

cr00cy
10-19-2017, 04:28 AM
Now that looks nice. I really hope thre will be option to fill all empty bootles with water. My mouse cry every time i decide to some serius farming...

X4mpie
10-19-2017, 12:16 PM
The new UI looks amazing! Been waiting for it for so long!

Good job guys

ArkadyRandom
10-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Good blog post. I sincerely appreciate the information feedback improvements such as easily seeing who a gift is good for, etc. That sort of feedback is important to me.

Khaylara
10-20-2017, 04:00 AM
Yup, great to have the uses of an item listed.

xerandus
10-20-2017, 10:42 AM
My number one big complaint about the present UI that I hope is corrected in the new one is the recipe menu window. There are so many categories of skills with recipes that they spread out to two or three columns and stretch down to the "Craft It/Forge/whatever" button and the button takes precedence over the menu overlay. This has led me to makes something when I didn't want to because I happen to have the materials on me - sometimes using up something I could ill afford to have used.

Ibn
10-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Awesome!!!!!

HardRock
10-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Am I to understand that we will be able to cut and paste words of power now?

INXS
10-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Yes correct HR.

Marleth
10-25-2017, 02:21 PM
I can't wait for this. The new one looks way better. Can't wait for the beta code.

tangar
12-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Great news :D Font scaling... YAHOO!! :DD