PDA

View Full Version : Changing drives

Ingolenuru
10-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Does the game have to be put on my operating system drive? I try to only have my Windows files on my C: drive. I have tried using -reset to put the save location on the D: drive and I always get a Sharing Violation on path error. Is there a fix for this or is there no way to run the game without it being on the system drive?

D:/Users/Name/AppDataLocal/ProjectGorgon/WindowsPlayer/Windows Player_Data/StreamingAssets/AppearanceModules/barghest2.emg is the location of the crash.

Citan
10-14-2017, 03:49 PM
It's definitely possible to have it download to a different drive than your OS drive -- in fact that's what I do on my gaming machine. But it sounds like the launcher doesn't have permission to write to the directory you gave it. I'm not sure how you have your OS paths set up, so it's hard to diagnose.

Try making a new folder in Explorer, called, say, D:\GorgonDownload , and then reset the launcher to use D:\GorgonDownload . See if that works.

Ingolenuru
10-14-2017, 03:53 PM
It sounds like the game doesn't have permission to write to that directory. I'm not sure how you have your OS paths set up, so it's hard to diagnose. Try making a new folder in Explorer, called, say, D:\GorgonDownload , and then reset the launcher to use D:\GorgonDownload . See if that works.

Actually it appears it was because I was using an old zip of the game file. I tried starting fresh by getting a new download but I can't get the game now because it always times out on me when the launcher tries to initialize. It says that it doesn't seem to be available now and there is mention of port 80 not connecting.

Initialize engine version: 5.3.5p5 (2fb591d65635)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 22.19.162.4]
Renderer: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Vendor: ATI
VRAM: 3072 MB (via DXGI)
Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Unity Engine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Unity Engine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Assem bly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Assem bly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Unity Engine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Unity Engine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Unity Engine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Unity Engine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\ICSha rpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\ICSha rpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in 0.037 seconds
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Syste m.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Project Gorgon\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin_Data\Managed\Syste m.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 3840x2160 60Hz; virtual: 3840x2160 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.540310 ms
0.0398038 Running Gorgon Launcher v6.0 - June 26, 2016

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Setting up 3 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 41c -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 2d6c -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 22c0 -> priority: 1

Citan
10-14-2017, 04:28 PM
It looks like the launch website is unreachable, some sort of networking problem. I've put in a ticket with the ISP and hopefully it will be back shortly!

(That means the wiki is offline too, since it's on the same machine.)

Ingolenuru
10-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Thank you for your help. VERY happy it isn't me. I hope it is back soon it is going to be a very big download getting it from scratch again.

Citan
10-14-2017, 05:09 PM
It's back online now and you should be able to download! Sorry about that.

Ingolenuru
10-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Thank you again. :) I have over 30% downloaded and no problems. I am glad it is up again for everyone.