PDA

View Full Version : Skills - increase rates and specialties

GrayBeard
10-01-2017, 10:45 AM
I like that you can level in each and every skill.
Has there ever been any discussion on specializing in certain skills?
Meaning, you pick a few skills and level at a normal rate. All other skills would level at a much slower rate.

It could possibly help with a player driven economy and make the market space more viable.

Tigerwyld
10-01-2017, 04:14 PM
I really like what you're getting at.. but wouldn't it be level in your specialized skills at an accelerated rate? If you're leveling normally; but slower in all others - what incentive would one have to specalize? :p Be better to skip that and lvl all things normally :)

But yeah; I love this concept - put a cap on how many specials you can have; and when you reach ..say.. lvl 15 or so in a skill, the Trainer can have the training for it ~ ite "Speciaized Fire Magic" which simply gives you 25% more xps in that skill. And each time you specialize (up to the cap) you suffer -5% or so xps when using other skills.

Obviously; with the system designed for dual skills; you'd want to specialize in both your main areas :)

GrayBeard
10-01-2017, 04:30 PM
I see what you mean and you have a fair point.

After reading the other post about the vendor stalls, trying to think of a way to make all materials (gathered and crafted) more valuable.

Not sure how it would fly but possibly having a character only be able to pick 2 or 3 skills or a skill tree (e.g. gathering, manufacturing, entertainment, etc..)
Would lead to a bunch of alts though, so in the end not sure if it solves anything.