PDA

View Full Version : Food; Starvation, little apples and bad timings..

Tigerwyld
09-28-2017, 11:22 PM
Tigerwyld wanders, a slow but deliberate pace, into the Inn. Pausing for the barest of moments as that's all his animal instincts need; he annotates the entire occupancy in his mind at a glance
Friends!
the announcement is sharp, sudden and ...soft ..commanding attention, if by no other means than its simplicity

Long.. ..for so long.. have we hungered in the midst of battle. Our bodies do not pain us.. until it is the pain of death we face.
Why.. ..Why is such our fate?
Chevaliers we are! Mages of Intellect, Natures own friends or even The Tamers of beasts! A Procures yet commands us as a Mistress of destiny!

His voice remains soft; but the echoes seem louder as possibly by some trick of the magics

Why must this be?! How is it that, we, we of Destiny are doomed to succumb to such a pitiful lament.. in an instant; we are stripped of all our powers.. No Lighthouse wards us these treacherous shores... ..I decree we suffer unjustly!

Mages! Chevaliers! Natures Own! Piggies AND Puppies united; I call upon us all - let us beseech the Gods - If the Gods have any mercy within them.. ..To give us but a fair shake at this grandam dice game..
Gods that command and empower us.. ..we ask but a simple grace period. Let your Champions reign forth in your Honor, Great Ones!

His arms spread wide to the heavens, fists clenched
I am your Man, Gods - But know that I.. ..we.. We do NOT fear! We champion; We Challenge!

If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards!

Sheawanna
09-29-2017, 12:02 AM
For the rest of us folks , what Tiger is trying to say is he wishes there was some way to know when your food runs out . perhaps a blinking icon 5 mins prior to food running out ?

Tigerwyld
09-29-2017, 01:47 AM
For the rest of us folks , what Tiger is trying to say is he wishes there was some way to know when your food runs out . perhaps a blinking icon 5 mins prior to food running out ?

What she said :)

ShieldBreaker
09-29-2017, 06:08 AM
Huh, Which NPC teachs Tigerwyldese ? I don't have that skill, it seems.

Sheawanna
09-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Practice ShieldBreaker practice :)

Tigerwyld
09-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Huh, Which NPC teachs Tigerwyldese ? I don't have that skill, it seems.

Tigerwyld lounges lazily at the Inn; regarding the passing patrons with but an oink and a smile.. ..not fully aware of the personage begging his thoughts

Oh! ShieldBreaker; well met old friend! Tigerwyldese? I'm afraid only Tiger himself can teach that.. But it requires Friend or higher Favor.

A quick bit of banter later, you learn:

Tigerwyld:
Likes -
Vegetarian Dishes
Pigs
Items with Animal Handling abilities

Loves -
Alcohol

Hates -
Onions
Servers
Filthy lycan puppies

HardRock
10-02-2017, 03:30 AM
Could implement growling stomach sounds.

INXS
10-02-2017, 05:54 AM
Maybe the meal/snack/flower/potion could have a pulsating and fading effect 1-3 minutes before expiry, suddenly dieing and going wtf happened only to realize you're starving.

Crissa
10-02-2017, 11:14 AM
iRL you won't die from starvation for weeks. o-o

In the game... if you go into combat without food, well, you're going to be in trouble.

Tigerwyld
10-02-2017, 08:10 PM
I live in Alaska; I don't die from snow either... yet Kur kills me in minutes. I think that's why I hate Kur so much; i've done so many cold weather training exercises in the military and literally live in the snow.. ..I just don wanna see more snow :p I do love Kur Tower though :) one of my favorite dungeons :)

Crissa
10-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Kur is supposed to be Alaska in the deepest valleys in winter with frozen rivers and freezing breath.

Remember, a 'day' in Kur is only a couple hours of play time. So yes, you're dying in minutes wearing clothing appropriate for the Illmari.

INXS
10-03-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm sure Tiger when you step out of your house in Alaska you're dressed for occasion, or you're saying wearing your PG equipment irl will not make you die ?

Tigerwyld
10-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Actually... no. I don't even own a jacket :p I wear t shirts and jeans year round. When we walkd to Kareoke from my sous chefs house in 10 below; I had jeans an a t shirt. (and an affro wig, but that's not important...) I have great natural cold resist.
But that's not applicable to PG - I was more joking. I'm not spending hours/days out in the snow marching/fighting/travelling ect.

But this is for another thread; we've gotten off topic from blinky icons for starvation :)