PDA

View Full Version : A few QoL suggestions

GrayBeard
09-28-2017, 06:38 PM
First, let me say that I appreciate what you've created here. I didn't realize I would like this game as much as I do.

I'm relatively new to the game, so apologies if any of these have been suggested before or there is actually a way to do this in game already.
I also don't want to break any immersion, so some of these might not be suitable

- Inventory screen: Add filters. Possibly by type, skill, level range, etc.
- Inventory screen: Add button to stack items
- Craft screen: Ability to sort by level
- Vendor shop screen (specifically 'buy used' screen): Add filters (same as Inventory screen comment)
- Various windows: Ability to pin a window (e.g. pet window) so that the ESC key doesn't close it
- Login screen: Have the last played character set as the default (so we don't have to click a character button on the left side of screen)
- Login screen: Add action listener to the character buttons so we could double click them and auto login as that character
- Ability to turn on/off nameplates above players and NPCs
- Hold down a key to highlight nearby interactable objects. Being able to keybind to the 'next non confrontational' does help
- Tooltips when hovering over interactable items (such as planted items that would show how much time till next viable interaction)
- Hitboxes - some are massive (trees) and can make it difficult to click on other nearby things. Again, the keybind from a previous comment helps with this
- Ability to track a quest (e.g. You have X out of Y cabbages)
- Ability to track skills (show on the screen that you are at level X with Y out of Z exp to go till next level)
- Option to show the skill tooltip underneath the mouse.
- Move the 'Take all' button down to where the autopsy, butcher, skinning buttons are
- Options to change various text colors
- Button to reset keybindings to their default values
- Visual indicator on/under buff/debuff icons with remaining duration (I know you can see them via the tooltip)
- When at the vendor gift panel, ability to right click from inventory to fill that spot
- Ability to resize most windows (e.g. abilities window)
- Is there an in game mailing system?
- Could equipped items not take up an inventory spot?

Again, loving the game - can't wait to see what's in the next update and on the future roadmap.

Silvonis
09-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your feedback. If your interested, please search through the forums and our social media pages as we've talked about forthcoming changes that will hit upon your suggestions - like the upcoming completly redone GUI. Some of your other QoL suggestions are things that will be looked at during the beta phase.

Tagamogi
09-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the game, GrayBeard! As Silvonis said, there should be lots of positive changes with the upcoming UI. Citan has been posting a few screenshots of the new UI on https://twitter.com/GorgonMMO - I've been drooling over the picture showing where recipes can be learned for the last few days now. :) I expect we'll hear more about the new UI soon.

I like all of your suggestions, and hope to see them in the game eventually. Picking on a couple things:
- The game will switch to Steam access in a few months or so (it's been a moving goal), so I wouldn't expect any changes to the login screen until then.
- There is no in-game mailing system; I'm not sure if there is one planned or not.
- Citan has said in the past that we are currently getting bonus inventory slots to account for the equipment. So, rather than getting 10 equipment slots + 40 inventory slots, we just get 50 inventory slots (numbers are obviously picked at random). I think this is supposed to change in the future.

ShieldBreaker
09-29-2017, 10:38 AM
- There is no in-game mailing system; I'm not sure if there is one planned or not.

Mail
Pretty sure it is planned,
From Project: Gorgon Blog - Road Map to Release!
"...There will be bards. And vampires. And mail birds. Weather Witches. ... before the game launches..." (emphasis added by me)
also
From Game updates/2017-07-14
"... you can now cancel work orders made by other characters on your account. (The money is still sent via in-game-mail to the original character that posted the order, not the person who canceled it.) "(emphasis added by me)

Tagamogi
09-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Thanks, ShieldBreaker! I remember reading that blog but I think I got distracted by the vampires and weather witches and missed the birds! (Hm, are we also going to need an air traffic control system? That actually sounds like our skies could get pretty crowded if the vampires and witches fly too. And let's not forget about the fairies... )

From Game updates/2017-07-14
"... you can now cancel work orders made by other characters on your account. (The money is still sent via in-game-mail to the original character that posted the order, not the person who canceled it.) "(emphasis added by me)
Mm, I wouldn't consider that a proper mail system yet since it's just the game returning your stuff to you, and it's not something that allows you to send messages or items to another player.

GrayBeard
09-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the game, GrayBeard! As Silvonis said, there should be lots of positive changes with the upcoming UI. Citan has been posting a few screenshots of the new UI on https://twitter.com/GorgonMMO - I've been drooling over the picture showing where recipes can be learned for the last few days now. :) I expect we'll hear more about the new UI soon.

Thank you for the twitter link.
Albeit a small sampling, the new UI looks fantastic.

Now off to read the blogs and see if I can find a roadmap.

Thanks to all.

ShieldBreaker
09-29-2017, 03:48 PM
You are looking for Developer Info Round-Up (https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?286-Gameplan-Old-Forum-Discussion) On another site it is referred to Gorgon Blog - Road Map to Release!

Keep in mind it is an old post.

The dumb thing is that until I found a third version in the Gorgon Archive I didn't realize they were all the same document. :rolleyes:

Silvonis
09-29-2017, 06:07 PM
All our social media links are located on the top right of every forum page.

Note: There are two separate Twitter accounts, follow both!

GrayBeard
09-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Thanks.

I've joined the discord server too.

I read the Aug 2016 road map. Fascinating stuff.