PDA

View Full Version : Exploding sheep and body heat loss

Celedor
09-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Would it be straightforward to pause body heat loss in Kur when an anomolous sheep blows up next to you and you burn for a bit? Body heat loss could resume when you stop burning.

Just a minor thought.

INXS
09-29-2017, 04:17 AM
Or tame that sheep so it could be close to you and you don't lose any body heat?

ShieldBreaker
09-29-2017, 05:39 AM
Or tame that sheep so it could be close to you and you don't lose any body heat?

There will probably be a divide between Animal Husbandry creatures and Animal Handling pets. And Sheep will likely go in the Animal Husbandry side. And maybe Fire Sheep would as well. It would be really cool if you could farm wool and fire dust from your personal herd of Fire Sheep. Now if they allowed your farm animals also be your combat pets and fire sheep did work like mobile campfires that would be pretty interesting. But Fire Sheep would probably cause players annoyance, your counting on them to provide you warmth, but even if it is just following it is likely going to get caught up in battle and going to get exploded really quick. It needs to be revived or retired. On one hand if you went into a cold region with the game of "how far can I go without losing my sheep" being your goal, it would be fun. But must people I think would be I had to revive that damn sheep 5 times to get to the outpost, this game is broken. If you are talking about temporary taming a wild Fire Sheep in the area, that basically add the difficulty of searching for the sheep in the first place. Maybe it could work, maybe it could be designed to be fun. Some sneaking trick that could be learned as part of the game that makes your Fire Sheep invisible or invincible (Sheep to Scape Goat spell). There is also the issue that you would have to slow down because you would probably be out running your own fire sheep, but quickness in the zone would be less of an issue if you didn't need to worry about body heat. The next most likely hurdle is Citan doesn't want us to have things that easy :)

On the original topic, Every time I port in from the desert and I am still on fire from some fire drake, I think I shouldn't be getting colder or this should mitigate the fire or put it out. Or maybe there should be a feature to stop,drop and roll in the snow. I can kind of imagine situation where both effects are true, part of you is burning but the heat from that is not enough for you to not be losing body heat from the rest of your body. If enough people send feedback going this seems wrong, Citan might add to the system so it seems to make sense for the majority of players.

Tagamogi
09-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Hm, so if you have a herd of fire sheep, are you going to need to invest in special flame-proof fencing for them? Will it it possible to harvest fire dust without having the sheep explode when you get too close? ;) I absolutely love the idea of having my very own flock of fire sheep for some reason.

On the original topic, Every time I port in from the desert and I am still on fire from some fire drake, I think I shouldn't be getting colder or this should mitigate the fire or put it out. Or maybe there should be a feature to stop,drop and roll in the snow. I can kind of imagine situation where both effects are true, part of you is burning but the heat from that is not enough for you to not be losing body heat from the rest of your body. If enough people send feedback going this seems wrong, Citan might add to the system so it seems to make sense for the majority of players.

Yes, I've been "on fire in the snow" multiple times, and it always seems so weird. Well, maybe the fire melts the snow, so you get wet and then once the fire is gone, you lose twice as much body heat from being wet and cold, so having the body heat counter ticking continuously the way it does now averages out the "hot" and "even colder" scenarios?