PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever have a very hostile zone where....

INXS
09-24-2017, 10:03 AM
You don't have to worry about dehydration or freezing to death ? I do understand it makes things more appropriate, but at times would be nice to hit a challenging place without the added nuisance.

Ptrk
09-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Just wait until we get a water level, where you have to deal with a breath meter and clumsy swimming controls.

Just kidding (hopefully). I personally like the challenge and uniqueness posed by the environmental meters, despite them being absolutely a nuisance. But I really don't anticipate ALL the zones will be desert/freezing/extreme heat/jungle with crotch rot meter, etc. type climates.

INXS
09-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't mind a swamp zone which just slows your movement down. What i find kind of weird is in you get to Kur you go to Kur tower, its all broken and looks open to element you step in and its warm, wth ! no consistency.

Kyrin Fireheart
09-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Swamp zone that gives a movement debuff for players but not for the frog/lizard people that are the mobs there.

ShieldBreaker
09-24-2017, 12:44 PM
There will probably be zones that are end game that don't have environmental hazards. But unique zones with systems that will need play testing and adjustment, make sense to add early to the game development. Zones that don't add new systems can be focused on when developing the underpinning of the game are done and the focus shifts mainly to adding content.

Crissa
09-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Trust me, getting in out of cold mountain wind and that zero centigrade feels downright balmy.

Roekai
09-25-2017, 08:27 PM
the environment for me is one of the biggest factors with regard to immersion so i myself hope that they add effects to the zones that don't have them, rather than implement zones without them; that's what dungeons are for.

HardRock
10-02-2017, 03:04 AM
What about a mario ice skate level? Probably not worth the frustration unless it was a race zone. Just throwing it out there.

karunama
10-11-2017, 04:36 AM
Wouldn't mind a swamp zone which just slows your movement down. What i find kind of weird is in you get to Kur you go to Kur tower, its all broken and looks open to element you step in and its warm, wth ! no consistency.

It's clearly underground, dude. The reason you're no longer freezing to death is that there's no longer frigid wind to deal with.

Edit; After looking at one of the other posts, let me just say that adding annoying weather effects to every zone is a terrible idea. There's a reason I avoid Kur like the plague it is. The only reason I spend any time in Ilmari is that the weather effect is both slow acting and easy to counter. Not just one or the other. Both.