PDA

View Full Version : Words of Power

Feral
09-24-2017, 07:58 AM
I am incredibly disappointed to discover that WOP you research can be used by other players. This makes them, for me, fundamentally useless. Since they are for the most part useful in specific situations, but not universally useful, it makes sense to research and save them. I did this. And now am discovering half have already been used by someone else.

I hope that this will be addressed before launch and was simply a time-saving mechanic for overworked devs.

INXS
09-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Quite a bummer i got some i've saved up from weeks ago, LOL the thought of not even one working is a huge disappointment.

Niph
09-24-2017, 09:07 AM
Words of Power can be very powerful, if used in the right circumstances. But yeah they cannot be saved, although WoP 5 last longer, at least for me.

Tagamogi
09-24-2017, 09:31 AM
There was a thread on this a couple months back: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?609-Words-of-Power-(and-a-bit-of-venting) . Sadly, most of it devolved into venting, but there are a few interesting posts in it.

I've been avoiding words of power since I started playing precisely because I knew that other players could research the same word. I have a tendency to hoard things until I really need them - which can be months in the future or never - so having a word with a random "soon" expiration date isn't all that useful to me. I played around with WoPs a bit for Pennoc's quest and it was fun, but I quickly discovered that useful teleports I'd been saving for just a couple days were already expired by the time I wanted to use them. So, it's not something I really want to experiment much with on my own right now without having more incentives...

Crissa
09-24-2017, 10:30 AM
WoPs are just a fun aside.

BTW, there are versions of WoPs where you write them into a scroll in game, and in that way, they can be saved (as they're not generated until the scroll is read).