PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Hello and MOO!

mrwarp
01-14-2017, 04:18 AM
Greetings all!

I'm an old guy that's been playing across various MMOs for quite some time now. I run a guild known as Slack Incorporated and have been known as Jack N Coke, Jackencola or Rummencola mostly. My games have been Asheron's Call 1 (my first love), AC2, Shadowbane, Dark and Light, Legend of Ares, Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic. You read that correctly...I did not play WoW...I refuse to play WoW. Although I have played and play multiple other games, the ones I listed are where I have run guilds.

Two years ago, after suffering a massive Widowmaker heart attack and surviving with only about 40-45% of my heart intact, I decided to put the SWTOR guild in mothballs and go into semi-retirement...aimlessly wandering the world of gaming since I can't physically do much more than that anymore. I heard about AC and AC2 shutting down so I wandered that way and logged into both to have a little fun and say one last goodbye. There is where I heard about Gorgon.

So far I have enjoyed the old school feel of the game along with the old school feel of the community, which in this era of gaming is a very rare gem. Myself and my wife have enjoyed this game enough thus far to convince me to start a chapter of Slack Inc here. I figure I'll just go with the flow and see where it takes us. I look forward to having some fun with you guys, and hopefully you won't mind a grumpy old man bombarding you with questions in game as I try to figure this stuff out. :cool:

Hood
01-14-2017, 07:31 AM
Welcome to Gorgon, Jackencola and wife! Feel very free to aimlessly wander around PG :) There are many who stand in town for the majority of time they're logged in, so it's an accepted playstyle. Thank you for starting a new guild in our world :) Guild quests will help you get your hands on some very cool, funny, and useful items so don't forget to do them weekly! Take it easy and enjoy the ride. Feel free to ask any questions (no matter how specific) in-game. There are many who've been playing for over a year or more who are more than willing to help. -Hood

alleryn
01-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Welcome! I'm a new arrival too :) This game is too awesome!!!

ShieldBreaker
01-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Hi and welcome to Gorgon.

With all your gaming experience you'll be settled in, in no time.

drivendawn
01-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Hello, and welcome to Gorgon good sir and good lady.

FelMonk
01-14-2017, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the world, Jack. A touching story and thank you for sharing. I never set pixel in WoW either, but a game that you did not mention is where I found home as a Guild Leader for 8 of my 16 years in the worldof Norrath, EverQuest.

You will find yourself at home here, I have no doubt. Every person I have met in my three weeks is vey helpful and friendly. It is a great community,much like Asheron's Call. Explore and evolve. Hope you are around for a good long time!

~FeloniousMonk~ Newbie in The Lands