PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Skill+

MorKazim
09-20-2017, 02:40 AM
Hello,

I would like to post here an alternate crafting method for most skills. I’ll use for the example the skill Carpentry: Craft xxx Club.
For the creation of a club there is only 1 skill. The “Craft Club”. The crafter chooses what type of material to use and according to the following tables he gets the result.

skill lvl Oak Maple Cedar Perfect Oak Perfect Maple Perfect Cedar
wood
10 Shoddy Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice
15 Shoddy Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice
20 Shoddy Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice
25 Shoddy Rough Rough Crude Decent Nice
30 Shoddy Rough Crude Crude Decent Nice
35 Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Decent Nice
40 Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice
45 Rough Rough Crude Decent Nice Quality
50 Rough Crude Crude Decent Nice Quality
55 Rough Crude Decent Decent Nice Quality
60 Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice Quality
65 Crude Crude Decent Nice Quality Quality
70 Crude Decent Decent Nice Quality Great
75 Crude Decent Nice Nice Quality Great
80 - Decent Nice Quality Quality Great
85 - - Nice Quality Great Great
90 - - - Quality Great Amazing
95 - - - - Great Amazing
100 - - - - - Amazing

skill lvl Simple Basic Good Expert-Quality Masterwork Amazing Astounding
Metal Slab
10 Shoddy Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice
15 Shoddy Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice
20 Shoddy Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice
25 Shoddy Rough Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice
30 Shoddy Rough Crude Crude Decent Nice Quality
35 Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Decent Nice Quality
40 Shoddy Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice Quality
45 Rough Rough Crude Decent Nice Quality Quality
50 Rough Crude Crude Decent Nice Quality Quality
55 Rough Crude Decent Decent Nice Quality Quality
60 Rough Crude Decent Nice Nice Quality Great
65 Crude Crude Decent Nice Quality Quality Great
70 Crude Decent Decent Nice Quality Great Great
75 Crude Decent Nice Nice Quality Great Great
80 - Decent Nice Quality Quality Great Great
85 - - Nice Quality Great Great Amazing
90 - - - Quality Great Amazing Amazing
95 - - - - Great Amazing Amazing
100 - - - - - Amazing Amazing

skill lvl
Bone Stone
10 Shoddy Shoddy
15 Shoddy Shoddy
20 Shoddy Shoddy
25 Rough Shoddy
30 Rough Shoddy
35 Rough Shoddy
40 Rough Shoddy
45 Rough Shoddy
50 Crude Rough
55 Crude Rough
60 Crude Rough
65 Crude Rough
70 Decent Crude
75 Decent -
80 Decent -
85 - -
90 - -
95 - -
100 - -

The club could be crafted from many different materials, wood, bone, metal and depending on his skill level he gets a back a result.
With this method you can add also crafting failures & extraordinary success. Also it makes clear that a better crafter with better materials makes a better product. Also It is more simple with less skills.
The result should be a non-magic item (in most of the cases unless there is some extraordinary success) and another crafting skill should be used to make the non-magical item magical…

Thank you.

(sorry I don't know how to properly add here the formatted tables...)

Tagamogi
09-20-2017, 11:05 AM
I think the intended tables are:

Wood

skill_lvlOakMapleCedarPerfectOakPerfectMaplePerfec tCedar
10ShoddyShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNice
15ShoddyShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNice
20ShoddyShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNice
25ShoddyRoughRoughCrudeDecentNice
30ShoddyRoughCrudeCrudeDecentNice
35ShoddyRoughCrudeDecentDecentNice
40ShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNiceNice
45RoughRoughCrudeDecentNiceQuality
50RoughCrudeCrudeDecentNiceQuality
55RoughCrudeDecentDecentNiceQuality
60RoughCrudeDecentNiceNiceQuality
65CrudeCrudeDecentNiceQualityQuality
70CrudeDecentDecentNiceQualityGreat
75CrudeDecentNiceNiceQualityGreat
80-DecentNiceQualityQualityGreat
85--NiceQualityGreatGreat
90---QualityGreatAmazing
95----GreatAmazing
100-----Amazing

----------------------------------
Metal Slabs

skill_lvlSimpleBasicGoodExpert-QualityMasterworkAmazingAstounding
10ShoddyShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNiceNice
15ShoddyShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNiceNice
20ShoddyShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNiceNice
25ShoddyRoughRoughCrudeDecentNiceNice
30ShoddyRoughCrudeCrudeDecentNiceQuality
35ShoddyRoughCrudeDecentDecentNiceQuality
40ShoddyRoughCrudeDecentNiceNiceQuality
45RoughRoughCrudeDecentNiceQualityQuality
50RoughCrudeCrudeDecentNiceQualityQuality
55RoughCrudeDecentDecentNiceQualityQuality
60RoughCrudeDecentNiceNiceQualityGreat
65CrudeCrudeDecentNiceQualityQualityGreat
70CrudeDecentDecentNiceQualityGreatGreat
75CrudeDecentNiceNiceQualityGreatGreat
80-DecentNiceQualityQualityGreatGreat
85--NiceQualityGreatGreatAmazing
90---QualityGreatAmazingAmazing
95----GreatAmazingAmazing
100-----AmazingAmazing

----------------------

skill_lvlBoneStone
10ShoddyShoddy
15ShoddyShoddy
20ShoddyShoddy
25RoughShoddy
30RoughShoddy
35RoughShoddy
40RoughShoddy
45RoughShoddy
50CrudeRough
55CrudeRough
60CrudeRough
65CrudeRough
70DecentCrude
75Decent-
80Decent-
85--
90--
95--
100--

-----

I have no idea how to correctly insert a table either. There is a table button underneath the "B" for bold text when creating a post, but to me it looks like you'd need to manually enter every table entry between the appropriate "td" sections? Maybe someone who knows more about posting can comment on that?

( I just took MorKazim's text and ran it through a quick Perl conversion script to generate the tags since I wanted to be able to read the data...)

MorKazim
09-20-2017, 10:13 PM
thank you :)

MorKazim
09-20-2017, 10:32 PM
as it is now we have lots of Skills that should not be... :

- Transmutation (we have 3 different skills for 3 different types of items -> 1 skill for all the items and let the system decide the phlogiston return depending on the burned item)
- crafting (all of them) -> as in the main post & 1 crafting skill for a type of item (Craft Club, Craft Sword...). let the system decide the outcome.
most of the Crafting skills should have 4-6 skills

Craft xxx
Repair xxx: (repairs the item from enchantment & enhancement damage)
Enhance xxx: ( add non magical add-on on items :damage, speed, armor, ...)
Enchant xxx: (...)

also add randomness in crafting. to make 300 items that are all the same... some should be better ,some bad, worse ...

thank you for reading my rumbling :)

ShieldBreaker
09-21-2017, 03:44 AM
These are interesting ideas, but isn't Amazing like the level 70-79 levels. Shouldn't there be Astounding levels and something else in the higher tiers for 80-89 and 90-99. Maybe even another for level 100 itself. Just thinking the charts need adjusting to allow players to reach level proper gear sooner, rather then later and the top tier stuff is impossible to get to unless you add in new materials like spruce and such.

MorKazim
09-21-2017, 10:22 AM
hi...

of course they need adjustment. it is just a draft... it is just to show a different / (better) system (one that if you are a pnp/rollmaster gamer/ any-table oriented game, should be able to understand and appreciate)

i just what to show that the game needs in some areas simplify while in other to be more complex.

Tagamogi
09-21-2017, 11:00 AM
I keep wavering back and forth on this. :)

Transmutation seems like a different issue than the rest of crafting to me. With transmutation, you are usually looking for the quickest way to get rid of something in your inventory, so a one-recipe, one-click solution like MorKazim's makes sense. With the rest of crafting, I at least usually have something specific in mind that I want to make, so it seems easier to me to go through my recipe list and find the crude club recipe rather than looking at the single club recipe description and trying to find out which materials will give me the desired result with my current skill. YMMV.

For me, the number of recipes adds an incentive, too, since I like collecting rare recipes like the "purple-striped spiky crude club" or whatever. Although now that I think about that, our current recipe list is fairly generic since we usually just end up getting the exact same recipes again for a different level, so that could use a bit of simplifaction...

I love the idea of being able to enchant white items, but I don't know if I neccearily want to remove the ability to make enchanted items from the basic crafting recipes.

MorKazim
09-21-2017, 09:56 PM
I keep wavering back and forth on this. :)

Transmutation seems like a different issue than the rest of crafting to me. With transmutation, you are usually looking for the quickest way to get rid of something in your inventory, so a one-recipe, one-click solution like MorKazim's makes sense. With the rest of crafting, I at least usually have something specific in mind that I want to make, so it seems easier to me to go through my recipe list and find the crude club recipe rather than looking at the single club recipe description and trying to find out which materials will give me the desired result with my current skill. YMMV.

For me, the number of recipes adds an incentive, too, since I like collecting rare recipes like the "purple-striped spiky crude club" or whatever. Although now that I think about that, our current recipe list is fairly generic since we usually just end up getting the exact same recipes again for a different level, so that could use a bit of simplifaction...

I love the idea of being able to enchant white items, but I don't know if I neccearily want to remove the ability to make enchanted items from the basic crafting recipes.

hi there...

well as I see it you could use the above system to craft the best possible "club" with the recourse at hand or target a specific item to craft...