PDA

View Full Version : Leadership skill

Easylivin
01-13-2017, 08:38 PM
leadership skill, leaders should inspire etc...

do things to raise leadership skill which enables abilities and/or bonuses for those you group with and your guild

for example. astounding leader gets 5% combat xp bonus for a group.
for example. astounding leader gets 5% craft xp bonus for a group.

Earn leadership XP:
group leader1: being the highest level in a group, there must be another player with the same skill, with one of your skills, +500xp in leadership skill per hour of combat
group leader2: being more than 10 levels higher than the average of the group, group must have 6+ players, +500xp in leadership skill per hour of combat
guild leader: being the highest level in a group, there must be another player who is in your guild with the same skill, with one of your skills, +500xp in leadership skill per hour of combat

edit:

chill mentioned ingame that if/when we have player with player hangouts this would be a great way to earn leadership xp

alleryn
01-13-2017, 10:24 PM
My understanding is a bard skill is incoming that somewhat fills this niche as someone who supports their fellows in arms.

I don't like the idea of pushing further the people who are most ahead that this skill seems to embody. I want to help my friends/guildmates who are behind to catch up (it is it's own reward); i don't need incentive for this, in my opinion.

Spiritfingers
01-13-2017, 11:30 PM
I know they are adding a Staff of Leadership too to the game. Not sure what the staff does yet though.

alleryn
01-14-2017, 01:15 AM
I don't like that i just naysayed without offering too much of an alternative, so let me just propose something instead of 'leadership', 'cameraderie' which gives you same sort of bonuses, but you gain xp whether or not you have the highest skill level.

Spiritfingers
01-14-2017, 01:48 AM
I believe one of the biggest challenges that Citan will face is how the game is designed to allow for all players (including brand new) to catch up on some level. Since PG is a PvE only game, this might not be important and things like leadership would work w/o changing anything.

Gizmo
01-14-2017, 03:20 AM
That's definitely a good idea, I'd support it.

Easylivin
01-14-2017, 08:55 AM
I don't like that i just naysayed without offering too much of an alternative, so let me just propose something instead of 'leadership', 'cameraderie' which gives you same sort of bonuses, but you gain xp whether or not you have the highest skill level.

My thought with the highest skill part was that as the "leader" you would be showing how that skill is used and would be the "leader" for that group and skill.

In theory everyone in the group could be earning leadership xp. If player1 has highest SKILL1 with lowest SKILL2, and player2 has lowest SKILL1 and highest SKILL2 etc for all players... they would all earn leadership xp

Easylivin
01-14-2017, 09:00 AM
My understanding is a bard skill is incoming that somewhat fills this niche as someone who supports their fellows in arms.

I don't like the idea of pushing further the people who are most ahead that this skill seems to embody. I want to help my friends/guildmates who are behind to catch up (it is it's own reward); i don't need incentive for this, in my opinion.

sure bard is another skill, and there are blacksmith statues that give xp bonuses, and drugs that give bonuses and wops etc... so I don't think this would some how put those who are most ahead futher ahead. Also none of those xp bonuses encourage a high level player to go into the crypt and help noobs kill ursula, most people do it for their own satisfaction.

This skill would reward those folks. I don't need an incentive but it would be nice to have a group full of leaders using their abilities to improve the group. And maybe an XP bonus isn't the best reward, what if the abilities gave the group more crit %, or passive bonus of X% discount when buying from NPCs for guilds with leaders in it, etc. there is a huge potential list of rewards for being a leader and having leaders in your group/guild

Spiritfingers
01-14-2017, 05:58 PM
I think more defined roles in a group is always good for long term development. I also think you can improve the group with cross class combos. I've tried that before in other games but it was really hard. If PG keeps the combat the way it is, I think it could work.