PDA

View Full Version : How will my "PACK" be attached to my account?

Spamwagon
09-17-2017, 07:35 AM
I have donated to your cause by purchasing one of your fancy "packs".

I don't know how it will be tied to my actual game account, as game and shop registrations are entirely different things right now.

Will it be some kind of KEY that we enter later, in the game somehow? How will it work for folks that are new to the game and don't have characters yet?

Right now it seems pretty nebulous, and it would probably be smart to explain EXACTLY how it is going to work - when money is involved.

Silvonis
09-17-2017, 01:19 PM
We will announce all those details as we move closer to launch. Don't worry, you'll be able to link your rewards to your account.

Spamwagon
02-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Looks like keys will be emailed to us.....

Yuck.

I hate that.

I hardly ever utilize my email anymore. I will be combing through my junkmail hoping I didn't miss the one containing my key.

Crissa
02-12-2018, 02:09 PM
I'm sure they'll tell us when to start combing. Just don't throw out the trash this month. ^-^

Spamwagon
01-11-2020, 10:37 AM
I don't believe I have ever received my package. If so, I don't have any idea how to confirm that. I have tried logging in to the Gorgon shop, but it does not recognize my emai - so I am guessing that has changed.

ShieldBreaker
01-11-2020, 10:51 AM
An easy way to check if you package is attached to your account is to go to Settings > System. The last item should be Account Package and it will give you info on your account.

alleryn
01-11-2020, 11:09 AM
I don't believe I have ever received my package. If so, I don't have any idea how to confirm that. I have tried logging in to the Gorgon shop, but it does not recognize my emai - so I am guessing that has changed.

I had the same thing with the Gorgon shop. I contacted them and they said it was normal because they relaunched the shop at some point. They still had my info in their records and like ShieldBreaker said, you can confirm in-game if you activated your package.

You may need to make sure your steam account is linked to your alpha account if you purchased your package a while ago. You might want to check old email too (i received my steam key and info about how to link steam acct to alpha acct in March 2018 if that helps).

Spamwagon
01-11-2020, 12:04 PM
Thank you for your help Shieldbreaker and alleryn. I appreciate it.

I have linked my steam account to my forum account, and checked Settings>System. There is no pack listed, so I guess I will have to try to contact the shop.

alleryn
01-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Yes, you can contact them at support@projectgorgon.com. Good luck!

Spamwagon
01-12-2020, 05:17 PM
I have sent a help request both through the shop (yesterday) AND through the email you provided alleryn (today).

So far I have gotten no response, but I will update this post when I do get one.

mercster
01-13-2020, 09:24 PM
I have sent a help request both through the shop (yesterday) AND through the email you provided alleryn (today).

So far I have gotten no response, but I will update this post when I do get one.

You sound very annoyed, angry even. Why did you buy something when you weren't sure how you were going to get it?

srand
01-13-2020, 09:54 PM
(I'm just going to say this preemptively: Let's keep it polite!) :)

Spamwagon Give us a little bit to answer that e-mail - we've got a hotfix in progress right now. If you haven't heard anything back in a reasonable amount of time, please feel free to send me an angry reminder e-mail: sandra@projectgorgon.com. I may not be able to answer your e-mail, but I will go kick the appropriate person until something happens.

Edit: Silvonis, just below, has more info than me - probably better to listen to him. :)

Silvonis
01-13-2020, 11:28 PM
If you purchased a package from the old Gorgon Shop, we manually delivered keys (a long time ago) to the email used to purchase the package. If you purchase(d) a package from the current Gorgon Shop, the system automates delivery through email. Once received, the key is redeemed in-game.

Currently, as per the Gorgon Shop website:

Delivery: You will receive an email that has your package key code included via attachment. You can also find this key code in your Gorgon Shop account page, under "Downloads". You can currently redeem your key code in-game by heading to the city of Serbule. Once there, go to the WELL near the city center. In a nearby building, look for the teal-colored golem labeled "Account Package Manager". Talk to this golem to redeem your key code. Please fill out any requested information. Special Note: The title reward will be applied after the next full-service maintenance period.

Spamwagon
01-14-2020, 06:59 PM
1. I am NOT angry, lol, I bought this doodad more than 2 years ago and haven't really worried about it - just kind of decided I should probably ask, because I was thinking about playing the game again.

2. I appreciate everyone here who is trying to help me - Alleryn, Shieldbreaker, Srand, Silvonis - all of you are going out of your way to help, it is not lost on me - and it shows just how high quality the general "character" is around here.

3. What I was trying to convey by saying that I will update the post isn't that that the "clock is ticking" . It was that I will update this post with hopefully useful data on how to fix this issue in the future for any further occurrences (rare as they might be).

Spamwagon
01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
Currently, as per the Gorgon Shop website:

Delivery: You will receive an email that has your package key code included via attachment. You can also find this key code in your Gorgon Shop account page, under "Downloads". You can currently redeem your key code in-game by heading to the city of Serbule. Once there, go to the WELL near the city center. In a nearby building, look for the teal-colored golem labeled "Account Package Manager". Talk to this golem to redeem your key code. Please fill out any requested information. Special Note: The title reward will be applied after the next full-service maintenance period.

Thank you for this, but that information was already available in the forums and on the website and isn't pertinent because I did not receive my code. It's a horse of a different color.

I was worried about this from the get-go, back in 2017 - as evidenced by this thread.

srand
01-14-2020, 08:23 PM
1. I am NOT angry, lol [...]

Yeah, I was trying to be funny with the 'angry reminder' line, but I don't think it came through at all. Sorry about that.
(And for a while it was 'angry remainder e-mail', which I presume means you can attach a piece of carpet.)

Spamwagon
02-03-2020, 07:25 PM
So today I received instructions on how to activate my pack. They included a Steam Key for the client (which I don't need - bought it separately), a "Special" key, and a form to fill out utilizing said "special" key.

I have filled out the form and followed the instructions - about 8 hours ago. So far I haven't seen any change in my game character. Do I just need to wait, or did I do something wrong?

ShieldBreaker
02-03-2020, 07:59 PM
More complicated then I thought, see next 2 posts.

mrwarp
02-03-2020, 09:29 PM
So today I received instructions on how to activate my pack. They included a Steam Key for the client (which I don't need - bought it separately), a "Special" key, and a form to fill out utilizing said "special" key.

I have filled out the form and followed the instructions - about 8 hours ago. So far I haven't seen any change in my game character. Do I just need to wait, or did I do something wrong?

If the package came with a Steam key, then it's one of the pre-Steam packages. Those are not automated like the new packages. They have to be manually applied to the account by the devs. It will take a little time for that to happen.

Citan
02-03-2020, 09:35 PM
The old pre-Steam packages from over a year ago, like the one you bought, have to be manually processed and imported, which I do just before a game update -- which in this case is a weeks from now. (This manual processing step is why we switched systems!) I'm sorry it takes a while, but none of the benefits of the packages are in-game yet, so you aren't missing out on anything.

(Edit: unless your package has a title, which IS implemented, but still doesn't happen until the next game update, regardless of which system you bought from. Titles have to be baked into the game client so they happen alongside Steam patches.)