PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful Down There You Two

drivendawn
09-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Just saying, I look forward to the new UI but you guys safety comes first so be careful. :)

Tagamogi
09-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Yes, please. I know srand has said elsewhere the servers are safe but while it's good to know the servers aren't going to be flooded, I don't want the devs of my favorite MMO to get soggy either. :)

srand
09-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Thank you! We came through safely enough. Other than a half hour or so where we were under a severe tornado warning, the winds weren't even all that bad here. (We stuffed the rats with us into an interior bathroom during that warning. The rats were not happy.)

We have a lot of small debris on the ground - like leaves and small branches, and someone's roofing tiles - and a small sapling in the road down the street. But that seems to be it. And we still have power! (That is the benefit of living in the cheaper part of town near the power station, Citan says.)

Much of the state was not so lucky. But it could have been a lot worse.

Edit: Actually, while I am here I would like to emphasize how important having electrical power is for people in Florida. Air conditioning sounds like a luxury, but much of the state is almost unlivable without it. There is still a stiff breeze here and decent cloud cover, and it is already 86F out there. It will be pushing 90F (32C) tomorrow - and this is perfectly normal Florida weather.

This is why it's a really big deal when half to 2/3 of the state still lacks power. Older people and people with special needs do not do well in a 90F house without air conditioning ... much less a 90F shelter packed with other people who can't go home yet.

So we are very happy to have our own computers up and running - but way, way happier to have A/C.

Tagamogi
09-11-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm with the rats on this one - bathrooms are not a fun tornado shelter! Then again, basements aren't much better, just roomier... I'm glad you made it through ok, and it's amazing you still have power! ( We live a bit over a mile from the local power plant and our power used to go out every time we had a light breeze or a squirrel eyed a line cross-eyed or something like that. )

Sheawanna
09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
We players are happy your safe and sound :) as for A/C omg take a shower and dripping wet once dried that humidity will get you every time .. so glad your not dripping :) hoping they restore power soon for all those in need !!!