PDA

View Full Version : Resources spawn rate problem and possible quick fix

Shlika
09-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Needing some bluebells, I tried to gather some at a regular spot (near cows and around tiger lake in Eltibule) only to find veeeery few of them. I kept searching and searching again and found like 5 in 15 mins. Having discussed it with fellow guildies quite aware of drop mechanics (Tamoko, Drop God to not name anyone), I was told spawns are shared (knew that already, but not exactly to what extent). I then tried to farm the same resource at the same spot, with a different approach, gathering EVERYTHING found: wood, shrooms, flowers, even graves. Pretty soon, bluebells were back in the game...

Seems to me that this shared-spawning mechanics can lead to complicated situations, essentially for newcomers : with another game mechanics being inventory management, I fear new players will often try to gather only resources they reaaaaally need to save some free inventory slots (and not carry 4 different sorts of mushrooms they don't care about, for example). And so, step by step, it can lead to populating a whole map with only one kind of resource, taking the place of others. When players are aware of this mechanics, it is a pain but can be dealt with. If they are NOT aware - how would new players be aware of that? - they can only suffer from it.

So, if spawns have to be shared by different resources, one very easy solution would be to clearly publicize about it.
A clear note shown during the first stages of the game, on starter island, when the first gatherings of stuff are needed, could be really helpfull.

kazeandi
09-02-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm not even a real newbie, and I usually only take the wood and then move on. I don't do actual farming trips and I throw away oranges immediately, to free up space.
The game should keep inventory of the spawned resources in a zone and make sure there's always a certain percentage of X, or it should reset spawns every 20 min or so.

Crissa
09-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Oranges are actually the least-common lowbie fruit, good for rep with several NPCs and easy recipes.

...On the other hand, the shared spawn can kinda suck when you're looking for that last item and it gets locked up in some other type of spawn you can't harvest (like wood for animal players or a higher level spawn, or spawns in a higher-level area of the map...)