PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Ward

MorKazim
01-12-2017, 11:52 PM
hello,

there is this skill Elemental Ward 1-2. in the description it says that Elemental Ward I (For the next ten seconds, any elemental damage will be negated (Fire, Cold, or Electricity) for 10 sec.

the Elemental Ward 2 is the same.

what is the difference of the 2?

thank you.

ShieldBreaker
01-13-2017, 01:06 AM
The Power Cost of Using Elemental Ward 2 is lower.

MorKazim
01-13-2017, 01:11 AM
thank you for the clarification...

Spiritfingers
01-25-2017, 03:07 PM
I have Elemental Ward 2 but rarely use it. You can't change skills in combat and 90% of mobs I face do physical damage. If anyone has found a use for Elemental Ward, let me know.

Extractum11
01-25-2017, 03:39 PM
If anyone has found a use for Elemental Ward, let me know.

You can use it to negate all body heat loss for 10 seconds! With 33% uptime, it's pretty decent

Spiritfingers
01-25-2017, 03:52 PM
You can use it to negate all body heat loss for 10 seconds! With 33% uptime, it's pretty decent

Oh my, that moves the skill way higher up in importance to me now. If i used EW and Fire shield (which has a mod +12 mitigation of cold damage direct and indirect), I might be in business to start farming Kur again.

Hood
01-25-2017, 05:01 PM
It's not just that. Its a partial immunity skill! Incredible utility. Hunting drakes? they cant hurt you.

cr00cy
01-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Oh my, that moves the skill way higher up in importance to me now. If i used EW and Fire shield (which has a mod +12 mitigation of cold damage direct and indirect), I might be in business to start farming Kur again.

just dont use them at the same time. Remeebr that elemental ward reduces body ehat loss to 0. So using any other mitigation with it is pointless.

Spiritfingers
01-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Good points Hood and cr00cy. I've never been able to defeat Drakes because they cook me from the inside. That's actually nice. If i can spread out fire shield and elemental ward, that gives me 30 seconds of elemental resistance in Kur each minute. That wouldn't work quite the same in Ilmari but 10 seconds is enough time for me to either kill drakes or escape them.

saigneur
02-08-2017, 08:19 AM
its a great skill. There is a mod which reduce poison by 50% (and another with trauma) it s nice to use when caster skel are bombing you (to say nothing of drake)... i spam it a lot ... there was a nice mod to heal you with it but i agree that made it overpowered ;) i use shield as the defensive skill (i use fire as the other).. passive mods are nice but as active skill that is the one i use the most with vigorous defense (HP/mana regen) shield team (group mitigation increase with the right mod) and take the lead (fast run..).. ya theoricaly i dps with fire but shield have really "save your ass" skill ;) (KB and stun are really nice when needed for spectre and scorpion)