PDA

View Full Version : State of the game and looking into 2017

Ryatzu
12-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Basicly can we have a quick update about the state of the game and what to expect in 2017?

P.s the new forum is looking great!

cr00cy
12-23-2016, 10:32 AM
well from what was posted so far, w ecan expect gui update (in liek 2-3 months), BC mods revison, Implementation of Bard skill (if i understood last blog post correctly), new zone along with increase lv cap to 70, revision of all animal forms mods, possibly implementign faye race. Not sure of steam launch is planne dfor thsi year, but i think with lv 70cap, and updated GUI we woudl be good to go (amount of content alredy in game is enough for several month of plyatime... maybe even years).

Ryatzu
12-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Well i would not recommend a steam release without the gui and grafics update.

cr00cy
12-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Yeh, thats why it still wasnt relased. Well i dont knwo about graphisc (its not TAHT bad imo... tough i unbderstand that there are many ppl out there for whom its unberable), but gui could really use some work. Well, we will see in 2-3 months.

zirker
12-23-2016, 12:50 PM
They also seem to be working on balancing the skills a bit better, I guess mostly cause of the lvl 70 content that they will be adding.

snowe
12-23-2016, 01:21 PM
They're releasing on Steam as an Early Access title, correct? There's a wide range of functionality in the content on Steam that falls into that category, and Project: Gorgon would rate near the top of that list in my opinion. Unlike some competing quality Early Access titles with little direct competition, PG will be compared to other non-Early Access MMOs on Steam however, and many of those are going to be F2P or B2P.

This game is unique enough in what it tries to do that it stands a good chance of succeeding, but you're right in suggesting a more formal 'state of the game' style post. The timing is right; it's the end of 2016, the Indiegogo campaign just wrapped up... and that kind of post would provide something to reference throughout 2017.

drivendawn
12-23-2016, 02:49 PM
If they can get that new gui out along with bard that new area and a new dungeon or 2 I think it will do fine.

Warlock
12-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Well I believe with an interview they just had with Massively OP, Steam launch should be expected early 2017, or perhaps around mid-point (most likely). With the funds from the Indiegogo campaign helping to subsidize the art of the game, hopefully we'll see it sooner than later. Despite saying that though, a stable launch is very important for a game's reputation, and while I don't believe Project Gorgon will have the huge server issues, some people may not be able to handle the graphics as they are now (as some have pointed out). Therefore, waiting until the game is more or less in its prime state may be a good idea, especially for those who've already invested so much time and effort into this game. I wouldn't mind waiting until late 2017, or even early 2018 to be honest.

I'll put the link to the interview below in case you guys didn't read it!
http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/02/nature-cops-who-punch-kraken-catching-up-with-project-gorgons-eric-heimburg/

cr00cy
12-24-2016, 03:59 AM
Yeh, liek i said - in terms of content PG is good to go imo. MAin "problems" right nwo are outdated graphic (i say it again, form they are ok, but there are not many peopel as forgivgn in terms of graphic as me out there) adn gui (wchih is imo bigger problem than graphic).

Othere hing im concerned about is if game cna handle large number of players in begginer zones. I rember around last kickstarter when we got HUGE influx of new players(we had over 200 palyers online at times), there often were problems withs mobs. Tehre simple wasnt enough of them for new players.

As example - 2 players are enough to clear whole hill with this elite rakkies soldiers (olmora? or somethign like that). Similar with other good huntign grounds liek panthers and orcs in kur

So yeh i think some adjustments to monster density and spawn rates could be made, New dungeon on newbie inslad can help a littel, but seriusly i dont think it would be enough if we hed loits of newbies on stema launch.

Nakiamiir
01-06-2017, 03:31 PM
well from what was posted so far, w ecan expect gui update (in liek 2-3 months), BC mods revison, Implementation of Bard skill (if i understood last blog post correctly), new zone along with increase lv cap to 70, revision of all animal forms mods, possibly implementign faye race. Not sure of steam launch is planne dfor thsi year, but i think with lv 70cap, and updated GUI we woudl be good to go (amount of content alredy in game is enough for several month of plyatime... maybe even years).

Oh nice! I've been waiting on the Fairies, I'm so glad they'll be coming out soon-ish.

Well i would not recommend a steam release without the gui and grafics update.
Agreed on that. Especially for a game with that much PvE and role-play elements, it's a big immersion breaker.
I think that the feeling of being part of the game is very important, rather than always being reminded that you are playing a game.

Spiritfingers
01-06-2017, 10:18 PM
I completely agree about the graphic update before the Steam launch. I have two very good mmo friends who won't even download the game because of how it looked on YouTube videos.

Vaurg
01-14-2017, 12:53 PM
What about a pay type? Is it going to be b2p with subscription or b2p only? Will there be a cash shop with p2w items? (I hope not...)
And will be there another server in Europe, because I live in middle east and the ping is too high and sometimes it's not even letting me to pass the loading screen (today my ping was over 1k). Usually my ping is 300-350, pve is playable with that ping, but if the pvp is planned to be, this ping will be too high for that.

Sasaki
01-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Oh nice! I've been waiting on the Fairies, I'm so glad they'll be coming out soon-ish.

I agree! I've been waiting for fairies for a while as well. Since it'll be my main race, I don't really feel like just messing around in-game for no gain on an alt right now. I might do so just a little because I miss the game and am getting bored of my other games, though.

ShieldBreaker
01-14-2017, 04:11 PM
What about a pay type? Is it going to be b2p with subscription or b2p only? Will there be a cash shop with p2w items? (I hope not...)
And will be there another server in Europe, because I live in middle east and the ping is too high and sometimes it's not even letting me to pass the loading screen (today my ping was over 1k). Usually my ping is 300-350, pve is playable with that ping, but if the pvp is planned to be, this ping will be too high for that.

The game will be b2p basically, it will have an option to get a VIP monthly Membership to get perks like more inventory space or extra character slots. No talk of a cash shop so far. Not sure about servers, there is little planned for PVP the game is mainly PVE and all talk has been that it will stay that way. You should inform them in-game using the in-game suggestion form about you ping situation, just so they know the issue exists and it is impacting players.

ShieldBreaker
01-14-2017, 04:18 PM
I agree! I've been waiting for fairies for a while as well. Since it'll be my main race, I don't really feel like just messing around in-game for no gain on an alt right now. I might do so just a little because I miss the game and am getting bored of my other games, though.

I could be wrong but I think you will have to go on a quest to unlock the Fairy character option. If Fairies are unlocked in this fashion you might want to consider being built up enough to complete that quest, whatever it might be. Orc are probably going to be the first unlockable race so you likely have time and a better idea about the extra character types and how to get them, before the Fairies do show up.

Spiritfingers
01-14-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I"m going to have to get used to fairies as a playable race. I've had a brutal history with boreal fist. I see a fairy I innately want to swing. I can only imagine human size fairies.

grumpygamer
01-14-2017, 07:48 PM
You can also read the dev blog entries if you want to see where the game is headed in the near future.