PDA

View Full Version : Game balacing issues

Roekai
08-22-2017, 08:09 PM
no snark intended:

can anyone explain to me why cloth armor is beneficial? until the game puts more of an emphasis on sustain (say, through evasion), what is the point of cloth armor?

bonus hot take: hardcore should give a flat 10% bonus to all stats and all mods. that would be all the incentive i would need to permanently switch over to hardcore - why the hell would i go hardcore when the best armor in the game isn't hardcore armor? dont make hardcore a separate armor - make hardcore so that the toon is more powerful, but if you die you're fuckedddd.

bonus bonus hot take: duels. why cant we have consensual duals?

Oxlazr
08-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Pockets are the main reason I'd use it over heavy armour, to be honest. I don't like this because it often requires you to feel.. greedy, I guess, to sacrifice stats for convenience - enough people do it and you've got issues where players are purposefully picking weaker options to gain more gold/items.

As for Hardcore, I don't think there should be any benefit to playing it. Even the Wintercourt armour makes things incredibly easy at around level 40. The incentive should be the challenge, not a reward - and especially not one that improves stats. That's just my feeling on the matter, though. Right now you can cheese leveling with white WC armour with no level requirements.

Duels would be a nice enough addition, but the game's always going to be PvE focused so I guess it just hasn't really gotten attention right now. You can still go into the PvP dungeon with someone else and fight them there, but I'll admit it's not as fun as fighting out in the open where everyone can see you.

Tagamogi
08-23-2017, 02:44 PM
There are also some tailoring recipes to add a bonus for certain damage types to cloth shirts or pants. I'm not sure why someone would prefer cloth gloves/boots/helmets over those with more armor, though.

I'm not interested in playing hardcore, so I don't want to give hardcore players a significant buff that I will never get. I like the current armor and maybe belt benefits for hardcore - it seems it gives the hardcore players some reward without them completely overpowering non-hardcore players. Whether the hardcore rewards are good enough, I don't know, but a 10% increase for everything would definitely be far too much, imo.

Duels sound fine to me in general. However, it can get really busy in Serbule if there is a lot of pvp with special effects going on, so I'm ok forcing duelists to go to the basement too, so that uninterested people don't have to deal with the framerate drop. I also vaguely remember being randomly challenged to duels by complete strangers in some other game and I found having to turn them down all the time kind of annoying.

Roekai
08-24-2017, 05:20 AM
so, other than pockets there is no real reason to wear cloth (the slight dmg increase and high levels of tailoring needed aren't worth the armor), that needs to be fixed. IMO cloth, leather, and armor should all have the same amount of "points" just distributed differently (i.e. heavy armor is +75 armor +25 Power, meduim is 50/50, and light is 25/75).

i think you have to incentive for (most) people to do things, otherwise why would they? i would play hardcore if there was any benefit to me. i'm level 76/75 so winter court armor is completely useless to me. why would i intentionally make my life more difficult? i dont get any appearance badges (like special dyes or something) and i gain no power (lets say a flat 4% increase instead of 10). there needs to be something - a set of skills, a speed increase, something that is useful to players past 40.

make it so you can duel outside of city walls - so you can duel in serbule but not in the city, same goes for illmari and eltibule.