PDA

View Full Version : New visuals blurry?

Tchey
08-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Hello,

I didn't play Gorgon for a while (baefore the "new Serbule"), and this week i played again to see what was going on.

The "old graphical regions" are still old and good enough for me, but the new Serbule looks weird. I tried all options, forced override everything i could, but i can't manage to make it works. Whenever i move the camera, when i walk or just look around, everything looks "blurred" somehow.

It's actually now barely playable in Serbule because of this effect.

Should i provide captures or even videos of this ? Is it known ? Common*?

This is my PC (i didn't change anything since previous time i played, only general normal basic updates) :

Linux Mint 18.2 64bits Xfce
Intel Core i5 4590 (4 x 3,3 GHz)
MSI GeForce GTX 960 @ 2 Go
Drivers NVIDIA 375
8 Go DIMM DDR3 PC12800
Screen 16/9 24" LED 1920x1080
Keyboard bépo (dvorak fr) / Mouse Logitech MX518
Joystick Logitech T16000 / Gamepad XboxOne USB

ShieldBreaker
08-17-2017, 11:39 AM
The usual fixes for this are
turning off bloom: so have bloom override checked and make sure the enable button is off.
turning off Antialiasing: so have Antialiasing override checked and make sure the enable button is off.
give those a try

Tagamogi
08-17-2017, 01:33 PM
I've been having the same problem, also on Linux (Manjaro) and Nvidia. Toggling antialising and bloom and assorted other graphics options seemed to do nothing for me. As far as I can tell, the blurriness seems to be caused by some combination of screen resolution and graphics quality for me: It looks great on any graphics setting as long as I put the resolution at the maximum my monitor is capable of ( 1900x1200 ). If I run the game at a lower resolution ( usually 1280 x 800 I think), it will look blurry unless I also lower the graphics quality - Fastest definitely looks ok, and I can go as far as Good without notable problems.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much the world's worst person to report on graphics problems since I don't really notice visual details. Mostly one setting looks nauseatingly blurry to me and the other ok...