PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 1 Mission & Bonus concept

Spiritfingers
01-11-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure how many of you played the game. Missions were difficult to achieve success and let's not even talk about the bonus part. Missions in GW1 were about achieving a goal as a group - killing a boss, rescuing someone, retrieving something, etc - that required different skills than the regular game. There was a high chance of failure. You had to change individual builds and gear and party synergy to for different missions. The issue is every mission was instanced. I don't know if Project Gorgon's game engine could even do this.

Eric, if you are watching, can you please add something like this? If it's even possible, of course.

Spiritfingers
01-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Has no one besides Hood played Guild Wars 1?

Hood
01-17-2017, 12:58 PM
When I read the words Guild Wars Mission, I cry out in ecstasy. Seriously, the thrill of completing Tahnnakai Temple (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tahnnakai_Temple) on your own for the first time is second to only some other thrills. Here's a vid link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjkD9Pg8lD8) if anyone's interested. Yes, that's 1 player managing 8 characters simultaneously.

FURY
01-17-2017, 09:31 PM
HEH, yes i played the shit out of GW1. Had all of the expansions and EotN, eventually had lots of Hall of Monument Points and a few thousand hours of gameplay.

Don't know if the Daily Mission would be possible since the world isn't instanced in the way GW1 was. But it might be applied to other things, who knows.

Edit: That video is mighty Nostalgic, Hood. ...SoS Ritualist OP

Hood
01-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Don't know if the Daily Mission would be possible since the world isn't instanced in the way GW1 was. But it might be applied to other things, who knows.

Edit: That video is mighty Nostalgic, Hood. ...SoS Ritualist OP

Yeah, you're probably right about that, Fury. Like you say, maybe there's something that can be adapted. SoS was cool but I loved my Mesmer/Monk.

Spiritfingers
01-20-2017, 09:47 AM
You guys might have noticed my plea for more group oriented content. Good GW1 missions would help a lot. Each missions had specific builds and group synergies that were required. What I loved about those missions was the high chance of failure..especially getting the bonus done. I remember this one mission where you had a limited time to save this npc from the mobs. You had to have builds and a specific plan for how to deal with the mobs and save the npc.

You guys are totally right...those were all instances. I'm not sure PG can do that with the game engine, but something modified along those lines would be amazing.