PDA

View Full Version : Animal Handling: The zombie pet

kazeandi
08-07-2017, 03:38 AM
When your pet dies and you revive it, it sometimes lies around as if dead. It then slides around and fights in that position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3V_BQOxQAM

Tagamogi
08-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Hm, this one may be more general than animal handling. I had a friend complain that I looked like a corpse a couple times when I died in the goblin dungeon and ran back to him. [ I believe he bug reported it in game. ] This didn't happen a lot, although now that I think about it, we haven't had too many situations where I died and he lived. I was a rabbit at the time, so it could be tied to animal forms. Or maybe it is happening to everyone?

kazeandi
08-07-2017, 09:27 PM
When you run through Eltibule, for example, all the humans either lie down or stand like crucified or a combination of both from afar. They only assume their correct posture when you get closer. Might be a related glitch.

Niph
08-08-2017, 01:31 AM
Check your entity animation multiplier settings in advanced graphic overrides. I believe it makes "entities" appear like static objects (a corpse) until you come close enough.

kazeandi
08-08-2017, 02:27 AM
All my settings are at max

Crissa
08-08-2017, 02:05 PM
It's not your graphics settings; details of objects are only updated as the server expects you to be able to see things.

And you can overrun the load time between when the server gives you an object and it steps through the level of detail walls.

Even WoW sometimes has this bug; it's more pronounced in engines like Unity though. The default stances have to be set carefully. Gosh if I know how, though ^-^

Tagamogi
08-11-2017, 10:53 AM
I don't think the lying down at a distance is the quite the same as the corpse look since the corpse look doesn't go away at all, no matter how close someone is. ( I apparently spent a couple hours last night looking like a dead rabbit to two other people in my group, which included both someone who was grouped with me when I died initially and someone who joined the group later.)