PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics specifically mob strength

Spiritfingers
01-11-2017, 08:18 AM
I have heard that mob strength is built around people having pink gear. Since most people are running purples and mainly yellows, should mob strength be completely reworked? I guess the alternative to severely decrease the purple and yellow gear drop rate. Eventually people are still going to have full yellow modded sets of gear.

There are some parts of the game that no matter how you are geared, you can't tackle the content solo. Those are where they need to be. I was talking more about the mobs that we tend to grind on to level or to find a drop in the open world. Thoughts?

cr00cy
01-11-2017, 10:55 AM
from what i remeber mobs runnign around in the open are balanced aroudn players having blue/pink gear. And i think its fine. they are intended to be easier so that you can drop gear/mats for gear.

Spiritfingers
01-11-2017, 01:01 PM
The problem is that people are running around in full yellows and modded so they can solo almost everything in game except for lab bosses. I'm hoping that maybe things can be tweeked or at least offer new maps with more challenging mobs so natural grouping will occur.

Eachna
01-17-2017, 07:41 PM
How do you know that "most" people in game have gold gear (have you checked all our bags)? How do you define "most"? Most by player pool or by who logs in daily (plenty of older players don't play as often as new players)?

As a new player I feel discouraged when decisions are made based on the idea that "everyone" has been playtesting the game for years and has everything they need.

During the Halloween event when a bug resulted in me not getting level-appropriate gear, I ended up pretty unhappy. All I got was level 60 stuff, even from the lower-level chests. It was loot so I could sell it for cash, but I didn't need cash. I *needed* level-appropriate gear. I'd been looking forward to the event for weeks before had because I'd heard it was going to be a lootapalooza. When I wrote about my view of the event on the forums I was explicitly told "This event was designed for level 60 characters to fix *their* gear" and the rest of us were basically afterthoughts. That soured me on the rest of the event.

The game has new players and will be getting more new players in the future (long before wipe). If it gets balanced now for all the old hands, it'll crush the new people. Just something to keep in mind.

You (as a powerful player rolling in yellow gear) can always go to a harder area to grind. Newer players have limited options for grinding in easier areas.

Hood
01-17-2017, 11:48 PM
Well said, Eachna. I'm an "old player". I don't fit your description perfectly (and not many of us do, as not many of us consider new players an afterthought). Historically, the tendency has been for newer players to be less involved in the forums. I hope that changes. I agree with much of what you said, and I really want the same thing as you: continued balancing of the game toward the entire playerbase. We need new players to speak up when they fear the game getting harder, and they believe the game to be hard enough.

New players bring fun to the game. I like answering their questions, killing The Fog or Tremor for them, or giving them the oranges they need to get favor with Tyler Green so they can unlock Shield skill. Old players have a lot to offer the new players in Gorgon, and from what I have seen the past year and a half, those who ask for help, receive. New players keep the game fresh and lively. New players contribute to the economy by providing lower tier materials we can purchase. Did you know my characters have completed around 5,000 surveys total? I still do it, but I'd much rather pay for the crystals/gems. Without new players, our guilds just keep shrinking until they simply dissolve. That can be very sad.