PDA

View Full Version : Increase The Amount Of Oak Resource Nodes And Dont Make Them So Scatterd

spider91301
08-03-2017, 07:05 PM
like this is getting ridicoulus i can find more maple and cedar wood faster then i can find oak wood this is why im not even going to touch carpentry ingame

I bet you if i went a race against any admin or player who can find the most maple wood compared to oak wood and i would win even if we both had battle chemistry cuz i would choose maple

ShieldBreaker
08-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Oak is mostly found in Serbule with a few maples as well, you can get oak from bare apple trees as well. South Serbule also has oak, but except for a location along the road pass the inn, it somewhat difficult to find a steady supply of easy oak there. If you are getting mostly Maple and Cedar you are in the wrong zones for oak.

spider91301
08-03-2017, 10:57 PM
I know where to get oak wood and what zone to get it from theres a wiki for a reason its just im comparing the amount of oak to maple its hel of alot easier to gather maple wood then oak cuz theres a crap load of maple in elt but compared to the oak node supply in serb it sucks that and inless you have battle chemistry and roam the entire map 24/7 just to get 32 oak wood in serb for carpentry when you could be grinding or playing with friends then your just going to have to not even bother training it

alot of people i know dont train carpentry for this exact reason

Citan
08-04-2017, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback, we're looking at the distribution of different kinds of wood for the next snapshot.

Boric
08-04-2017, 05:28 AM
One thing I've noticed when gathering is that it appears wood, cotton, flowers, mushrooms, and ore all seem to share the same spawns. So in Elt, when people are gathering wood they will also almost always gather cotton, and often gather the mushrooms and flowers - especially by the cows. Same holds true in Kur, if I'm gathering by the werewolves I get the ore, shrooms, and wood. As a result, wood gets the chance to spawn. Those two also have a fairly contained gathering area. By comparison, in Serb you need to gather throughout the whole zone. I notice flowers and shrooms up a lot in Serb, so I wonder if people run through and grab wood (and the trees/grapevines) and leave the rest? Then over time there are no wood respawns. One other difference in Serb - are chicken eggs counted in those resource spawns? If so, that could be impacting the amount of wood. I also wonder if the 'spawn area' is the whole zone? Because when it seems like northern Serb is barren I can run down by the crypts and find 3-4 apple trees up.

To the OP: If you really want oak right now, here's your easy fix: Get someone to join you and gather oranges in Elt. Once you get the oranges off the tree you'll both be able to gather oak before the tree despawns and reappears elsewhere. My wife and I got over a stack of oak and oranges a couple of nights ago by the gnashers. It isn't 'fun' but it gets you oak wood. /shrug

Elkhound
08-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Oak is also available via Barter, I think u can get 4 Oak per fire dust

spider91301
08-05-2017, 01:28 PM
at the price of fire dust is you might as well make a store we can buy it for 100 councils a piece at least that would be simpler plus rather then paying with a certain item i rather pay cash

spider91301
08-05-2017, 01:38 PM
great so i have to compensate for the lack of wood by getting other people to help me in groups to gather enough to make it even worth the amount of time i spend on it great encourages me even more not to even touch carpentry

i would rather group for dungeons then waste time collecting wood 24/7 only to spam craft it and lose it in minutes

Boric
08-05-2017, 04:22 PM
This morning my wife and I decided to clean up some work orders we'd gathered last few days - we did 8 work orders' worth of LW which was 140 crystals' worth (one order was crude, no gems required). In the course of gathering up 3 rounds of RWC's, I picked up 40 or so oak. I wasn't hunting for it, if it was on the way I grabbed it (so I wouldn't miss speed bonuses). Felt like there was more oak than pre-trees, got both ground spawn and tree woods.

If gathering wood is causing anyone frustration, could always post a player work order. Spider, I suspect if you asked for a stack of oak at 9900 (since you said you'd pay 100 councils each) you'd have LOTS of people willing to fill that order! Especially since others are offering 2-3k per 99. The player economy does work if you give it a chance.

spider91301
08-06-2017, 12:11 AM
omfg thanks for the reply Citan I actually didnt expect you to notice :)

Svann99
05-28-2021, 08:34 AM
Good to learn that you can get oak from orange trees (and apple), but it just seems a little off. Oak from orange? VG:SOH used to let you kill treants for wood, but otoh that always seemed a little too easy.

Mikhaila
05-28-2021, 09:42 AM
As a counterpoint, I don't find oak tough to get. Just going from the Myconian cave exit to serb I find a half a dozen on average when i check mushrooms. I'm constantly going through it, but also find a lot. Serb hills has a lot. And if I need a bunch i go trade with the horrible woman in Elt. It does help to know where to look in Serb, it's really only in that one quadrant from the Elt entrance to the Myconian Cave exit.

EDIT: Thought the bitching was a bit too familiar, didn't notice the necromancy. :)

ShieldBreaker
05-28-2021, 12:03 PM
Good to learn that you can get oak from orange trees (and apple), but it just seems a little off. Oak from orange? VG:SOH used to let you kill treants for wood, but otoh that always seemed a little too easy.

I roleplay the different forms of wood as short hand for types, hard wood, soft wood, speciality woods in those categories, fragrant wood like cedar, strongest of hard woods or soft wood, most carvable. It is more about the value of the wood, is it easier to work with, create better looking end products. If you got into all the details it would get too complex for a good game, the legs of a chair need strength, the arms can be more decorative grain wise and more carveable. Of course maybe on Alharth oak trees can bear different kinds of fruit, as can maple and cedar.

You can butcher Treants for their wood

INXS
05-29-2021, 08:36 PM
To break up treant wood you need lv 50 carpentry btw.