PDA

View Full Version : End game level caps - what to expect?

mrwarp
07-31-2017, 01:10 AM
This one is directed to the devs. I know I have read it somewhere and the reason I bring up is it was recently discussed again but I just can't find it. Perhaps it is in the lost blogs, so I ask for the devs to elaborate a bit here to have a fresh updated record.

For the game as a whole, as in beyond launch and expansions, what do you forsee as the final hard level cap (minus bonus levels) and how far beyond that do you expect bonus levels from other skills to help stretch that? I understand it may vary per skill but any insight you're willing to give is always greatly appreciated. :)

Citan
07-31-2017, 01:54 AM
At launch we expect the combat skills to scale to 100, plus 25 points of synergy bonuses, for a "max level " of 125. (There will be more than 25 available synergy points for each skill, so that you can pick and choose which ones you want to earn. But only the first 25 synergy skill points count.)

I've occasionally talked about the possibility of skills going to 125 base, plus 25 synergy, for a total of 150, but I suspect that'll happen post-launch.

There will be other ways to advance your character beyond that -- sort of "alternate advancement" if you like. One of the ways I've talked about is "Master Abilities", which are more-powerful versions of normal abilities, earned by killing elites. I'm not sure if that specific idea will end up in the final game -- I prototyped that idea but decided it was super dull, so it's still sitting on the back-burner -- but there will be some mechanisms, whatever form they end up taking.

mrwarp
07-31-2017, 03:48 AM
Very nice! Thank you, Citan. :)