PDA

View Full Version : Chat Interface Upgrade Suggestions

spider91301
07-28-2017, 12:14 PM
when you do /tell push it get really stupid having to retype a msg when the name is weird to type heck even minecraft has a better interface for chat then we do for example when people on minecraft or on other games push the up key you can repeat the same msg without typing it and then edit it then send it quickly to the other person to make it so there isnt long delays in sentences

ShieldBreaker
07-28-2017, 01:19 PM
After the initial tell you only need to do /r to do replies in the conversation. And we already have a repeat message function, it a combination key thing, it not too closely a guarded secret, if you ask nicely in game someone might relay the information. And also we are getting a complete new UI before the Steam launch, which we have been waiting for a long time for. So new chat already on the way, and once the UI is in place then improvement to it can begin.

Crissa
07-28-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm sure they know that we can lose our entire typed line in an accidental tap of a key; and that /r can be intercepted and it's not possible to copy-paste names or send a tell to someone with special characters in their names.

If they don't, they do now! ^-^

Citan
07-28-2017, 08:21 PM
The new GUI has better chat primitives (like customizable tabs) and I think that will solve a lot of woes. For the record though, in the CURRENT gui, when you're in the chat box you can use alt+up arrow and alt+down arrow to scroll through previous chat messages you sent.

(Why do you need to press alt? Because the classic Unity GUI system can be ... cruel. It was obviously not my first choice, just the only one I could make work at the time. Hopefully we can make regular up/down work in the new Unity 5+ GUI, though I don't think I've tested that yet.)

Crissa
07-28-2017, 09:54 PM
That might explain why directional keys fail when trying to use alt-stuff to use the sidebar.

Also, ctrl-tab, ctrl-shift-tab doesn't seem to work for me when I try to bind it to things.