PDA

View Full Version : Mouse not working in-game after install

seanxxp
07-22-2017, 06:13 AM
Hello.

I've just downloaded the launcher from the website and completed the download and install process. However, upon launching the game I find that my mouse doesn't work at all. I'm able to navigate to the character select screen via the keyboard, my old character's name appears on the left hand side but it never loads in and I cannot click on anything or progress via keyboard controls.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I should also add that I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. But despite clicking the uninstall button in the launcher and re-downloading the launcher, the launcher still acts as though all files are downloaded and the game is ready to play.

ShieldBreaker
07-22-2017, 07:30 AM
Under the Launcher Options, have you tried Validate Installation?
Also what is the version number of your Launcher?

seanxxp
07-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Hi.

Yes I've tried validating the install. I'm not sure which launcher version I'm using, but it's whichever one the front page of this site links too for the windows downloader.

I've also tried installing in a different location, which now results in me getting an error message upon hitting launch. However, I cannot find the log created upon receiving the error.

Thanks.

ShieldBreaker
07-22-2017, 10:27 AM
If you haven't you maybe should email support@projectgorgon.com, this isn't a common issue as far as I know. Sorry, I couldn't figure out a solution.

seanxxp
07-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks anyway Shieldbreaker! I might just do that.

srand
07-22-2017, 10:41 AM
This is outside my expertise, but I'll point this thread out to the others. You can also e-mail support@projectgorgon.com, as ShieldBreaker suggested, since they might see that first.

Can you tell us about your computer? What OS you are using (Windows 10, Mac, etc)?

Silvonis
07-22-2017, 12:43 PM
Possible Solutions:

Option 1) Right click the launcher and run as administrator.

Option 2) Go to device manager > right click your mouse and then update your driver.

Option 3) Unplug your current mouse and then try an alternative mouse.

Option 4) Unplug your mouse, then plug it into a different usb drive.

Let us know the results. Thanks.

seanxxp
07-22-2017, 12:51 PM
I think it may actually be a deeper problem with my PC rather than the game itself.

When I got this PC (it's windows 10 btw) I tried to move as much of the %appdata% folder from my SSD to my hard drive. This only partially worked, but allowed me to stop my SSD getting full. However, the odd setup file will not install on the PC as a result. I'll run the setup and complete it, only to find that nothing had been installed. I suspect this is something to do with temp files going into one of the appdata folders. And I'm now noticing with Gorgon that the destination folder for the install is totally empty after using the launcher. So I think that I'm able to launch the game but the install is not completed correctly.

Today I've tried to re-route all of these folders back to their original location on C drive, but it didn't resolve the problem. But, all of the above leads me to believe it's my problem, and nothing to do with the game itself.