PDA

View Full Version : Need Weapons for Bats

SassySusie
07-19-2017, 10:09 PM
I have recently taken up Bat, wanting to level, test, and send my feedback. Well I am loving it thus far, the freedom of flying *so what if I am not cute and cuddly* and at level 61 with most of the appropriate gear I can kind of get an idea of the damage it can do. But here is my suggestion, we need main hand and off hand weapons for bats. I noticed I can make all armor for bat without an issue. But when it comes to making a main hand weapon I tried many time and no matter what it will not put giant bat on the weapon. Now at first I thought this was a bug but I was mistaken... I have been out hunting many many hours and not one weapon I have picked up has giant bat on it, only my secondary skill of mentalism is on it. So thus I have come to the conclusion weapons for bats are not even in game yet. Please put these in game and give the bats a fighting chance. Missing all those mods from those two weapons is going to make such a difference at what the DPS will be compared to everything else in game. Please Please Please consider weapons for Giant Bats.

ShieldBreaker
07-20-2017, 06:36 AM
If I understand your post correctly, your title should have been No Bat Skill Treasure Effects for Weapon Items. Or something like that.

Just got done trying to craft weapons with bat skills, and using bat inscribed gems, I keep ending up with Mentalism. So you are probably right, it really should work if you inscribe the gem with bat you should get bat skills.

If you look at Gorgon Explorer you will also notice it has zero mods for Bat in the main hand or off hand categories. I think they are mislabeled or just missing/forgotten.

Citan
07-20-2017, 06:47 PM
It's true, this is a significant oversight for bats. Bats were introduced before we decided animals should have weapon-slot gear, and I guess they never got retrofitted when we redid the other animals.

This will be addressed at some point relatively soon -- when I do the next batch of treasure mod work -- but unfortunately it's not as easy as banging out a few new items. There really are no bat-specific treasure mods for those slots, so they need to be invented, and (if it ends up like pig, cow, etc.), we'll need to shuffle some of the existing bat mods around to other slots. Which will cause gear to go Legacy. So it'll be messy, but hopefully not too disruptive.

SassySusie
07-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Awesome sounds good. Thank you Citan.