PDA

View Full Version : Update Discussion: July 14, 2017

srand
07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Notes for the July 14 update are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?614-Update-Notes-July-14-2017

Discussion is in this thread!

kazeandi
07-14-2017, 10:34 AM
The Phlogiston nerf hits me really hard :(

ShieldBreaker
07-14-2017, 10:44 AM
The Phlogiston nerf hits me really hard :(

Or is this a blessing in disguise, will things we transmute give the same worth of phlogiston in effect doubling (or whatever) the amount we get from an item?

kazeandi
07-14-2017, 10:52 AM
I didn't see cash value of items being raised, so I guess it's a net loss.

Items should generally be worth a lot and Phlogiston being unsellable - then Phlog would only be usable to reroll mods and not as a way to "expand" your inventory to later sell the stuff in converted form.

My problem as a rather young player is, that I totally depend on Phlogiston to finance my adventures - ie my unlocks for skills.
I did the math, I was able to buy my lvl 70 unlock tomorrow, but now I'm 2-3 weeks item farming/transmuting away from it. I should not have hoarded my Phlogiston, but sold it while it still had it's original worth.

srand
07-14-2017, 12:18 PM
NOTE: Hotfix incoming soon!

So ... I accidentally deleted several dungeons. Whoops.

In the meantime, please avoid the dungeon on Anagoge Island (that's the newbie island), as well as the Brain Bug Cave, the Crystal Cavern, and the old tutorial dungeon.

Thank you! And my extreme apologies. :/

nysr0ck
07-14-2017, 12:36 PM
if you guys wanted to decrease phlog value in half, you just had to make all the transmutation recipes yield 1/2 of the phlog instead of decreasing their prices.

i was about to sell a bunch of phlog before the update to raise some of my skillcaps, now i feel scammed out of my money.

Michellia
07-14-2017, 12:39 PM
So no new gui interface fixes.
Like 4k and such

Khaylara
07-14-2017, 12:59 PM
I don't know how many suspensions are needed but 2 rennets out of one stomach is a good thing.

So are poetry books but could we get some tweaks to the skill please? Either us being able to write buffs giving poetry ourselves (according to level ofc) or when we use a poetry book we could recite it to group members for a group buff (as opposed to just solo as it is now). This skill feels underused just like cheesemaking used to be.

Aeroliticus
07-14-2017, 03:19 PM
NOTE: Hotfix incoming soon!

So ... I accidentally deleted several dungeons. Whoops.

In the meantime, please avoid the dungeon on Anagoge Island (that's the newbie island), as well as the Brain Bug Cave, the Crystal Cavern, and the old tutorial dungeon.

Thank you! And my extreme apologies. :/

on the download screen it also says "At the moment they do not exist - and you will fall to your death in the void"

So now I want to log in before the hotfix just to fall to my death in the void. lol

Arundel
07-14-2017, 03:29 PM
on the download screen it also says "At the moment they do not exist - and you will fall to your death in the void"

So now I want to log in before the hotfix just to fall to my death in the void. lol

+1000 death xp

As for the mushroom/renet changes: the notes make it sound like each one will use 2 different mushrooms suspensions but it is in fact 2x of the same one. So essentially we are just spread the demand from one mushroom type to another. The change with one stomach being 2 renets is much needed but the mushroom suspension change for renets doesn't change anything, it just shifts the demand from the types of mushrooms. Unless I am missing something with the new skill...

Aeroliticus
07-14-2017, 03:46 PM
ok, so I was the kid that had to touch the wood stove to see if it was really hot.

btw, it was only the standard 100xp for a new death, (falling off the edge of the world)

hopefully I didn't permanently get that character stuck, but it'd be my own fault I was warned..

srand
07-14-2017, 03:52 PM
hopefully I didn't permanently get that character stuck

If you get stuck in a death loop (respawning in the void), you can use the I'm Stuck! report (under the ! icon, upper right sidebar) to get yourself out. And if that doesn't work for some reason, you can log in a different character and use '/unstickchar Aeroliticus' to move the stuck character.

But you should be fine. :)

Silvonis
07-14-2017, 03:52 PM
So no new gui interface fixes.
Like 4k and such

There will not be any UI updates until our completely new UI goes live.

Crissa
07-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Phlog was sometimes worth more than the original items, so this is probably appropriate: You can carry more phlog from the dungeon than original items, so it'll balance out in the end.

PS... I haven't seen the old tutorial dungeon for awhile. Is it hidden somewhere?

ShieldBreaker
07-14-2017, 07:09 PM

PS... I haven't seen the old tutorial dungeon for awhile. Is it hidden somewhere?

I believe it is the one cave in South Serbule. It has old tutorial type stuff in it but might be expanded from the original. Not sure never saw the original.

srand
07-14-2017, 07:20 PM
We are currently (as I type this) pushing out a small update that includes some important fixes. I added these notes to the update notes thread, but I figured some people will stop by this thread first.

And unfortunately, despite what I said in chat just before the server went down, the downtime will most likely be closer to an hour rather than 30 minutes.

A number of dungeons in the lower-level zones of the game had disappeared - but they are back now!
Picking fruit off of a tree had the disconcerting habit of causing the tree trunk to despawn while the fruit stayed behind, hanging in mid-air. This is now fixed.
The new mummy boss, Baruti, has had his stats adjusted. We look forward to your feedback on that encounter, both the stats and the mechanics.
Sona now gives less favor for phlogiston.
Bellema Deftwhisper now unlocks Crossbow 50-60.

Note that you MUST start the game through the launcher in order to have this update work properly.

Edit: And we're up! Thank you for your patience, and keep the bug reports coming! (In-game, please, so we can track them more easily.)

ShieldBreaker
07-15-2017, 05:04 AM
Wow, there sure are a lot of new hang-outs. It is hard to pick which one to take. And I haven't even built favor with all the new people. I like that in certain instances it tells you skills you have, have been tested. My First impression is that you are getting fancier with coding in the dialog tree, it seems like some of these are dialog evolved. Tyler Green needs some new drinking hang-outs :)

Now the question is which caves are the right cave for growing stuff, I know I going to fall back to my old stand-by cave for this. But I am thinking that if the caves are going to be some work, some don't then there should be a little buff icon that tells you are in a damp cave, this could also maybe be used to tell you if you are standing in a spot that can be gardened. I'd expect they both would work something like the foul air debuff.

Sawboy
07-15-2017, 01:18 PM
The Phlog value being cut drastically, hurts me a lot. Since it accounted for over 75% of my income on top of helping me with inventory management. I tend to have 45 slots open when I go hunt, which is usually enough for smaller dungeons, if I only pick up Pink, Purple and Yellow items. But, the issue is the longer dungeons such as Yeti, Labs and Gaz Keep. Since there aren't really stopping points to leave the dungeon and come back to. I do agree the cost of phlog needed to of been adjusted, Distilling an item valued at 550 and getting 800 in phlog back was to profitable even when you account for the cost of the prisms. A 25-30% cut in the value of Phlog would of sufficed, making it break near even, while still retaining the inventory management. But as it stands right now the net loss is far to large.

cr00cy
07-16-2017, 07:20 AM
Well Reduced value of Phlog hurts. it used to be good way to earn soem extra cash, tough i use dmost of main for transmutation. That beign said tehr eis one upside to this - lower base value means you can buy it from NPCs for less. Tough right now higher tiers seem to still have old price.

Arundel
07-16-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't think Phlogiston buy price from NPC's has gone down has it? It's extremely high.

cr00cy
07-16-2017, 12:58 PM
I don't think Phlogiston buy price from NPC's has gone down has it? It's extremely high.

shoddy and rough did go down. But higher tiers (at least crude and decent) didnt.

Citan
07-16-2017, 08:14 PM
NPCs resell based on the price they bought at. So the price will reset when it cycles out of the vendor's inventory, or somebody buys the stack at the existing price.

cr00cy
07-17-2017, 01:02 AM
NPCs resell based on the price they bought at. So the price will reset when it cycles out of the vendor's inventory, or somebody buys the stack at the existing price.

Well, i tough it might be something llike that. Will it circle out fo vendors inventory on its own or we have to wait untill enough stuff is sold to npc to push it out? Because i somehow doubt anyoen woudl buy it...

Silvonis
07-17-2017, 01:13 AM
Well, i tough it might be something llike that. Will it circle out fo vendors inventory on its own or we have to wait untill enough stuff is sold to npc to push it out? Because i somehow doubt anyoen woudl buy it...

You will need to wait for them to cycle out, unless someone does buy them before then.

Tagamogi
07-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Now the question is which caves are the right cave for growing stuff, I know I going to fall back to my old stand-by cave for this. But I am thinking that if the caves are going to be some work, some don't then there should be a little buff icon that tells you are in a damp cave, this could also maybe be used to tell you if you are standing in a spot that can be gardened. I'd expect they both would work something like the foul air debuff.

I like this idea. Or if the buffs are going to be too much, maybe there could be a quick no-mats lore recipe that you could use to tell you the properties of a cave/area. Also, how about having some caves that are marginally better than others for certain types of crafts? Something along the lines of a 1% chance to get an extra cheese if the kegs are stored in a particular cave... It would be fun if there was some motivation for picking different caves for crafting, rather than just whichever is the most convenient to reach.

Khaylara
07-17-2017, 01:18 PM
The NPCs cave in Gazluk should be adequate for mushrooms farming imo (it's icy and damp+there are mushrooms growing there already so it's suitable).

On the update, I put this in a report too, I have issues with the textures in caves. I already found Yeti cave and Nexus dizzying, now few of the Gaz caves look like that too. The best way to describe it is two dimensional textures on which I can't see openings, stalactites, even white mobs. The walls and floors lack depth. I don't know how much sense this makes but it's very very straining and hard to play especially doubled by my character spinning uncontrollably sometimes.

Arundel
07-17-2017, 03:51 PM
The NPCs cave in Gazluk should be adequate for mushrooms farming imo (it's icy and damp+there are mushrooms growing there already so it's suitable).

On the update, I put this in a report too, I have issues with the textures in caves. I already found Yeti cave and Nexus dizzying, now few of the Gaz caves look like that too. The best way to describe it is two dimensional textures on which I can't see openings, stalactites, even white mobs. The walls and floors lack depth. I don't know how much sense this makes but it's very very straining and hard to play especially doubled by my character spinning uncontrollably sometimes.

I think I encountered something similar since the patch. The shadowy areas in Kur (below mountains) particularly in the north shore (near the wolves/trees area) look very pixelated or something. Problems with coloring, not sure, it looks awful. Maybe it is a similar problem?