PDA

View Full Version : Balancing procedure question

kazeandi
07-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Hello,

I'm still rather new, so I don't know how you handle balancing (nerfs, buffs, overhauls) of skills.
I'm playing several combat classes and some strike me as severely underpowered.
Some are stronger, some weaker, but some have half their spells bugged and lack overall strength - do you normally pick one of them and work on it? Or multiple skills? In what intervals do you look at the classes? Does it make sense to give detailed feedback to something, say, half a year after it's been touched last, or do you have a long list with priorities and even though you know about all the issues, have it scheduled for later?
Is there a document with a list of points, a road map?

Thanks!

FURY
07-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Well, in the past they have done large passes where they looked at the power levels of all the combat skills on a even field and tried to get it right from there. But there have been times where there was a skill *cough* Mentalism *cough* that had mods that would let one ability 1-shot bosses so the hit that specific ability's mods with the nerf-bat.

Lately Citan seems to be looking one skill at a time to see if it 'feels' right, gameplay wise. He did say a few days ago in a forum post that we did have a large balance update coming though.

Does it make sense to give detailed feedback to something, say, half a year after it's been touched last, or do you have a long list with priorities and even though you know about all the issues, have it scheduled for later?

Give the feedback, even if it 'could' be 6 months before they look at a specific skill, it will be logged in their system so they will see it when it is relevant to the changes.

Is there a document with a list of points, a road map?

None that the players have other than large release dates that are somewhat Soon TM