PDA

View Full Version : Pet Upgrades

LaRaj
07-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Currently the pets in Project Gorgon get a bad rap and especially at high levels currently pets often cause more harm than good. One issue with pets is they are weak both in attacks as well as defense. One suggestion to remedy this might be to give pets limited storage slots. These slots could work as additional storage slots and/or as pet unique gear slots. Give a skeletal archer a bow with X effect. Give a bear a special claw or armor to help its offense and defense. These items might be found as loot or crafted. Larger animals/pets might have increase slot access. Give pet masters more controls, things such as “attack what I am attacking”, or give masters the ability to create circle that would prevent mobs from attack until mobs were within the highlighted/circle area. Currently pulling a mob with a pet is chaotic because the moment you draw too much attention the pet attacks and alerts the entire dungeon. A “defend the Circle command” would help a pet know when it was allowed to attack a mob, and might also be helpful for players in group settings as well. Pet gear would help to improve pet performance and make them somewhat more unique between players. If a pet were to die while items were equipped the player would be required to A) resurrect the pet or B) loot the pets dropped gear for later use. I like the idea of pets but currently there are many flaws with them.

Exovi
07-09-2017, 11:47 AM
One issue with pets is they are weak both in attacks as well as defense.

What level are your AH/Necro skills? I've both almost level 50 and have found them quite strong so far with reasonable gear & mods (keep in mind that your pets probably shouldn't be quite at the power level of a player, but when used in addition to skills they're pretty competitive - really high single target damage). While I do have some gripes with Necro skills, now that aggro is generated correctly on pets I think they're in a satisfying spot.

I do really like the suggestion of gear for pets though - it could open up new crafting options. I would just want to make sure it is limited enough to not cripple players who can't acquire & update gear for their multitude of pets, or require micro-managing.

kazeandi
07-10-2017, 07:42 AM
What level are your AH/Necro skills? I've both almost level 50 and have found them quite strong so far with reasonable gear & mods (keep in mind that your pets probably shouldn't be quite at the power level of a player, but when used in addition to skills they're pretty competitive - really high single target damage). While I do have some gripes with Necro skills, now that aggro is generated correctly on pets I think they're in a satisfying spot.

I do really like the suggestion of gear for pets though - it could open up new crafting options. I would just want to make sure it is limited enough to not cripple players who can't acquire & update gear for their multitude of pets, or require micro-managing.

I'm at about the same level, with "bypass armor" and "attacks add X damage" and my polar bear is still hitting like a wet noodle.

I tried playing defensively with support skills and I tried it offensively, with bear maxed on taunt, just so I could unload more while having a tank and the only way things really work out is by playing aggressively with a damage build.

There really are no "pet classes" in this game. Necro and AH are so weak, everything else would be a better alternative for the skill you're running primarily. I play AH anyways because I find it fun.

But please, god, please - do not every say again that "pets are strong".
They're not strong.
They're terrible.

Khaylara
07-11-2017, 03:46 AM
Depending on the "pet". Necro pets are decent at lower level but they are absolutely rubbish at above 50-60. My personal opinion is that they're going to be reworked (AH, deer, necro and BC pets all need it). At the moment necro is completely useless in a group dungeon, I tried using necro and only 1 or 2 abilities can actually be used, none involving pets. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen any Lab or GK group with pets around.

kazeandi
07-12-2017, 08:51 AM
I'm only in my 50s, so no end game dungeons for my bear, but from what I've seen (up to and including Dark Chapel), AH pets don't do anything to mobs. The damage is just not there, not even marginally. When I say my pet hits like a wet noodle, then that means a 50er bear deals around as much damage as a 20er Lycan. He's tankier of course, with 600ish armor/HP, but what use is that if he can't hold aggro and does pathetic damage?

I've been sticking with AH for 2 reasons. 1) it doesn't need any special items in hand or is restricted by any (like druid for example), so it's a decent skill for taking other skills up into their 40s and 2) the devs can't possibly not know how totally and utterly useless pets are, hence a boost will come, at some point, hopefully.

Having such hope even tho pets got nerfed into this useless state 9 months ago seems a bit insane, but one can dream.

Gorstak
07-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Yea when i started playing i played cas of AH skill and maxed it imidietlly,but back then pets were not nerfed and they were wery fun to play even at 50 lvl,my hissy was able to tank all mobs accept in lab,i had a reason to play and enyoy ah,but first with aggro nerf and then with dmg,hp and armor nerf my hissy became usseless,and bears are pure joke in tanking,so untill AH gets proper and deserved rework and buff am gona wait and play something else.

kazeandi
07-14-2017, 08:23 PM
When a lvl 55 pet takes almost 5 minutes to kill a lvl 23 Fey Panther, you know something needs to be done.

And this is with damage mods where possible.

Now, with a pet having 2-3 gear slots for, say, a weapon (mount a horn, stick on razor claws, whatever) and a body armor (even if it's just a stat stick that increases run speed or adds AOE to certain abilities), things might look a lot brighter, but

the base damage needs to be higher, or
the modifiers need to have better scaling.