PDA

View Full Version : Guild/Druid Quests and the forgotten dungeons

LaRaj
07-07-2017, 09:34 PM
I understand this is alpha and I am loving every minute of my time in PG but currently in Project Gorgon the Druid Quests and Guild quests are very repetitive and many of them are glitchy and boring. Another issue I find when trying to spark interest into some of the existing caves/dungeons is that many of the current caves/dungeons have nothing to offer players long term. I think that the Guild Quests, Druid Quests, and all these forgot location could benefit from each other.

First off an increased variety for the types of quests would help significantly. I feel that people have begun to dread some of these activities, especially depending on the location or event being pursued. I don’t ever remember anyone saying they like the South Serbule Druid Quest. One way to add variety would be to place part of or all of an event into these forgot caves/dungeons. Druid quests could have an infestation or overpopulation of a certain creature within some of these random caves. During Druid quests maybe a mini boss could spawn towards the end of the event. A suggestion for outside Druid Quests would be to rotate the mobs through the zones, and maybe increase or decrease their difficulty accordingly. Kraken could easily attack the Rahu beach and maybe wreak havoc on the city. Fire Elementals vs. Ice elemental could invade Ilmari desert, maybe a little tougher than their icy cousin. Nature elementals could invade Serbule or South Serbule and be much more tame. As I have noted before I think people are just getting tired of the same old thing.

When considering Guild Quests one way to spark interest might be to require guild members to gather something specific within a dungeon (something that can only be found there), or maybe require the guild members to rescue a NPC, or kill a boss within these caves. Another idea might be to offer special Guild Quests as a weekend event. This guild quest could have some sort of timer attached to it and if the mission was successful in the time frame bonus prize or Guild XP reward could be granted. If the time frame was missed the quest would fail and any progress toward lost. Special guild titles and bragging rights could also be achieved in this way as well. This type of weekend event could work the same for Druid Quests. Have a Pookie the white rabbit invasion happen randomly on a Saturday or Sunday.

As mentioned before I believe that there is not enough lure for many of the current caves, no incentive to venture into them. I think one possible way to help with this would be place more NPCs that train this skill or require player to gather a need material in order to gain favor with a NPC. Another suggestion would be to have special unlocking favors from NPCs which for instance Janet the sword trainer would require a certain stone or boss monster trophy that can only be found in X location. After this item was obtained and given the rest of the NPCs offered skills could become available and regular favor could apply. This favor would only work to unlock access to level 50+ skills, with normal favor working to progress towards these goals. A barter system might also work well with the combat skill NPC’s. X NPC would allow you to train this sword skill for X unique item and X councils. If a system like this were implemented it might go to lower over council cost for skills.

As I have noted before I think people are just getting tired of the same old thing. Some change in pace and good way to rebreathe life into some of these existing caves would be a nice change.