PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Suggestions

Silvonis
12-23-2016, 07:10 AM
We will be updating the FAQ section of the website with both website and in-game related questions soon. In the meantime, we wanted to ask the community what questions they think would be appropriate for that section. It may be helpful to think back to questions that you may have had when you first started playing or maybe you've seen recurring questions in chat - either way - we would love to hear your suggestions!

cr00cy
12-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Well few questions ideas from me:
1) How do i drop gear out of inventory (i see this pop up often)?
2) How often in-combat regenaration procs (seriusly, to thsi point i nevber found any info about it in-game. ISt alwasy describet as "every few seconds")?
3) Can i increase my inventory size(i see it pop up in chat from time to time)?
4) Why my weapon do not have dmg stat(well anyone woudl figure this out eventualy, but it was something that confused me a bit when i started. aslo see it pop up in chat from tiem to time)?
5) Is there auto-attack(simialr to above, i remeber spendign quite soem tiem lookign for a way to auto-attack, before realizing there is no such thing here)?

Well thats it from me for now.

Hood
01-14-2017, 09:04 AM
6) How can I pay/donate for the game?
7) Can I only use 6 abilities at a time of each combat skill I am using? How can I use more than 6?
8) How many godlings?
9) How do I get off this island?
10) There is so much to learn: Where do I start?
11) Is there PVP in this game?
12) What makes this game special? Answer should highlight surreal elements of the game. i.e. cannibal pigs

alleryn
01-14-2017, 12:00 PM
13. How do i get rid of Feeble Fever/[insert disease name here] ?
14. How can i learn Fire Magic/Cooking/[we get it you don't need to put everything in brackets] ?
15. I'm off the island but everything is hard! Where can i find something that i can kill?
16. I'm still on the island. Where can i sell stuff?
17. Why do some of the vendors not give me full price for items?
18. Where can i store items and can i transfer items between different characters on my account?

Extractum11
01-14-2017, 02:33 PM
19) How do I make my character always run?
20) When do my vendors get more money?
21) Some kind of basic explanation of the mods system, people keep asking what gear is the best.

Silvonis
01-19-2017, 11:57 AM
If you have answers for the questions that you've suggested - I'd love to see them.

Hood
01-19-2017, 02:33 PM
6) How can I pay/donate for the game?
7) Can I only use 6 abilities at a time of each combat skill I am using? How can I use more than 6?
8) How many godlings?
9) How do I get off this island?
10) There is so much to learn: Where do I start?
11) Is there PVP in this game?
12) What makes this game special? Answer should highlight surreal elements of the game. i.e. cannibal pigs

Answers:
6)Project: Gorgon is currently in Alpha and has successfully completed both a Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaign. You can play for free now while it is in its testing phase, but once it is launched on Steam it will be buy-to-play for $40. If you wish to purchase an early access package which includes a Steam key, you may visit the Gorgon Shop (https://shop.projectgorgon.com/) to do so. If you'd simply like to donate to the development of a rare and fantastic indie MMO, create an account on this forum and visit the DONATE (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/vbdonate.php?do=donate) link. Project: Gorgon's small dev team will definitely appreciate any support you can give.
7)You can use 6 abilities per combat skill you have equipped, for a total of 12 abilities. The left sidebar is meant for utility abilities such as First Aid, Armor Patching, and other abilities you acquire while leveling up skills. There exist ways to extend the number of sidebar slots, but not the combat ability slots. 6 abilities might seem like a difficult limitation, but it creates more strategy in gameplay that many players have come to appreciate.
8)Players on the tutorial island might find themselves desperate to know the answer to the question. The answer can be found on the ground nearby, and it's decipherable using simple mathematics learned in elementary school. Give it some thought before asking in Global!
9)There exist a couple of different ways to leave the tutorial island, but the most entertaining and quickest way is by using your head and making some friends in "high places". If this option doesn't sound fun for you, you could always leave using brute force...
10)Start learning on the tutorial island. Most other questions you have can first by answered by the Project: Gorgon wiki (http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Main_Page) and secondly by knowledgable helpful players in the help channel of in-game chat. Further curiosity can be satisfied by posting a thread to this forum in the Community Questions and Answers section.
11)Project: Gorgon has a very few PVP features. The game is balanced with PVE in mind and Citan the developer has stated many times that he does not intend to make the focus of the game PVP. That said, there is a zone in-game where PVP is turned on, as well as a fun item you may drink to turn PVP on if you wish.
12)Many features in Project: Gorgon simply can't be found in other MMO's today. The loot system is random. Each weapon and piece of armor you pick up will be statistically different. The combat system involves equipping 2 skills of your choice, and there is no limit to how many combat skills you can learn or master. The game features many different crafting skills as well. You also have unlimited access to all of these. Lastly, the game features rich lore, evolving relationships with NPCs, and a profoundly hilarious surrealist sense of humor. It is possible to become a cannibalistic pig, a druidic nature cop, and even a small dancing duck--just to name a few!

alleryn
01-19-2017, 05:13 PM
13. How do i get rid of Feeble Fever/[insert disease name here] ?
Visit Marna southwest of the well in Serbule to buy a cure. You may need to raise your favor with her to purchase it. Alternatively, use the Treat Disease skill by acquiring First Aid 15 or, if your First Aid is too low, asking in chat for a friendly player to cure you.

14. How can i learn Fire Magic/Cooking/[we get it you don't need to put everything in brackets] ?
Try talking to every NPC you meet! Many of the skills can be acquired from NPCs in Serbule (e.g. Fire Magic from Velkort and Cooking from Fainor). For more exotic skills, you may have to travel far and wide; remember Project:Gorgon is a game of exploration -- it's a big part of the fun! Also, you may have to befriend some NPCs to get them to share their knowledge with you. Try a little small talk to find out what they like.

15. I'm off the island but everything is hard! Where can i find something that i can kill?
Try the pigs to the East of town, or talk to Sir Coth at the north end of town -- he just might have a quest that points you in the right direction.

16. I'm still on the island. Where can i sell stuff?
Sorry, it's not possible. Look at it as a motivator to get off the island and explore the rest of the world!

17. Why do some of the vendors not give me full price for items?
Usually it's because you hit the vendor's cap. Each vendor will only pay a certain amount for a single item. This cap can be raised by increaasing favor with the vendor. In some cases, vendors may also offer sub-par prices for certain types of items (early on, this is most noticable on Therese).

18. Where can i store items and can i transfer items between different characters on my account?
There is a bank west of the well in Serbule. The banker, Hulon, will store items for you. There is also an 8 slot chest in the bank that you can use to transfer inventory between characters on your account. Several other NPCs will store items for you, especially as they begin to like you more from increased favor. Additionally, storage chests can be found in some locations throughout the world. Accessing them often involves solving a puzzle.

Crissa
01-20-2017, 12:48 AM
#1 (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) : Note, you can't drop gear on the ground while a container or NPC is open. That bites me alot, since you can have so many windows open!

alleryn
01-24-2017, 08:52 PM
1) How do i drop gear out of inventory (i see this pop up often)?
2) How often in-combat regenaration procs (seriusly, to thsi point i nevber found any info about it in-game. ISt alwasy describet as "every few seconds")?
3) Can i increase my inventory size(i see it pop up in chat from time to time)?
4) Why my weapon do not have dmg stat(well anyone woudl figure this out eventualy, but it was something that confused me a bit when i started. aslo see it pop up in chat from tiem to time)?
5) Is there auto-attack(simialr to above, i remeber spendign quite soem tiem lookign for a way to auto-attack, before realizing there is no such thing here)?

1) Drag it below the inventory box. An area of the screen will pop open, allowing you to drop an item.
2) Every 4 seconds. {Ed. Note: I'm taking this info from the wiki, not tested.} You can also regenerate in combat by using an ability marked as a Basic Attack to gain a Combat Refresh every 15 seconds. {Ed. Note: are all Combat Refreshes 15 seconds or do they vary?}
3) There are various ways to increase inventory size, including leveling up your Endurance skill (by taking damage and then killing mobs). {Ed. Note: This could probably use a more thorough answer}
4) Gear in Project:Gorgon is defined by its mods (effects that appear on each item). Most basic weapons have no implicit modifiers, but more advanced ones will often increase your base damage or have other effects. In addition, higher tier items (uncommon or better, any color but white) will have additional mods that often affect particular abilities. These mods are in lieu of what many other games pack into a simple "damage" statistic on a weapon, allowing for more interesting decisions regarding gear.
5) No there is no auto attack, although using your Basic Attacks (which generally have low cooldowns) regularly is advised for most ability loadouts, in order to proc Combat Refreshes (see #2 (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) ) .

19) How do I make my character always run?
20) When do my vendors get more money?
21) Some kind of basic explanation of the mods system, people keep asking what gear is the best.
19) {Ed. Note maybe we don't need this one anymore since auto run is enabled by default with new patch?} Options --> Mouse and Movement Parameters --> Always Run Everywhere. Also NumLock, by default, is bound to Auto Move Forward, and, in your keybindings, you can bind a key to Toggle Run/Walk, if you like.
20) When their favor rises to a new level. {Ed. Note some overlap with #17 (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17) }
21) See #4 (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4)

{New question}22) How do i talk in help?
{Answer}22) Type /c help [message]. Subsequently, you can use /c [message] to chat in the last channel you spoke in. Alternatively switch to the trade/help tab in the chat window (You may need to /join help first if you've left the channel somehow). You can see a list of chat commands like these by typing /help in the chat window.

cr00cy
01-25-2017, 05:36 AM
stuff

Heh good anserws. ABout regen:
Im not 100% sure becasue every time i tried to test it i couldnt get rigth number (it seemed a bit random for me). BUt i recall, long ago, Citan posted soemthign about Howl morale boost regen. Overall ther ewas this suggetsion to amke it % hp and CItan responded that it ounce was, but havinh % scalign hp regn proccing every 5 se is too op. SOmthign along this lines.

This is ONLY instance i knwo of when one of devs mentione dhow often thsi regen procs. It owuld be nice to get claryfication. ASlo why teh hell isnt this info in game? Its really confusing when i see taht i get regen "every few seconds".

about 2)
yes every combat refresh is 15 sec cd.

Tagamogi
02-20-2018, 01:44 PM
I was thinking that the FAQ still looks a bit unfinished and with the Steam release right around the corner, it could probably use some additions. So, I tried to come up with a more elaborate FAQ that I might like to read and that may sound good to a random person wondering whether they should buy the game. My FAQ version mostly just copies a bunch of Citan quotes from the forum and the existing FAQ but it may be useful to have it all in one place.

So, following is my FAQ proposal - feel free to ignore/use/edit/expand/do whatever to any portions you like:

Steam, Beta and Official Release

Once the game is available on Steam, is it officially released?
No, Project: Gorgon is now entering its beta testing phase. This is a working beta and there will be major changes to the game still. We will continue to flesh out, optimize, balance and extend the game. We'll continue to roll out game updates every couple of weeks, as always.

Will I need to buy the game to play?
Yes. During beta, you will need to play the game through Steam, meaning you need to own a Steam license for the game.

If you pre-purchased the game, we'll email your Steam key(s) to you after the game is live on Steam. Our email will include instructions on how to redeem your Steam key, although it's very simple: you install Steam and then you choose a menu option to redeem the key. Then you download the game through Steam and play.

If you haven't pre-purchased the game, you obviously won't be emailed a Steam key. Just buy the game in the Steam store and play!

I have an existing account but don't want to play until launch. Will anything happen to my characters?
If you can't buy the game right now, or don't want to buy it until it's officially launched, don't worry about your existing characters: they'll still be here when you finally purchase the game.

Will characters be wiped at launch?

No, there will not be a complete wipe at launch. That said, we will be wiping some aspects of your character after the beta phase ends. This includes but is not limited to: items, currency, NPC favor levels, and favor-quests.That's to help our game economy work better at launch time.

However, we don't plan on wiping most skill levels. There are also no plans to wipe guilds.

Please note, this is subject to change as we progress through development.

When is the official launch?
When it is ready (TM). The current launch goal is the end of 2018 but may be subject to change.

Is it still possible to buy pre-purchase packages? What about donating to the game?
After the initial Steam transition period, the existing Gorgon Shop packages will no longer be available. That is just for pragmatic reasons: the more expensive rewards involve a lot of hand-done bits, so it's best to do the work all at once, or as close to that as possible. However, we may decide to offer other pre-launch packages with nice rewards that don't involve as much customization work.

If you wish to donate additional money to the game (without receiving a reward in return), you can do so via the forum's Donate button. There are currently no plans to change this feature.

When will the pre-purchase rewards be available?
The plan is for pledge rewards to be rolled out during beta -- after the game is on Steam but before it leaves "Steam early access". The features will be rolled out when they're ready in regular game updates. There's no exact timeline. Some features, such as player titles, are close to completion and I expect they'll arrive in a few months. Others, such as housing, aren't even started yet.

It's possible that certain pledge-reward features may not be available until the game officially goes live, for logistical reasons.

For pledge rewards that include VIP time, we'll give you some control over when that VIP time starts -- either during beta or when the game leaves early access.

Technical
What are the system requirements?
64-bit operating system, Windows, Mac or Linux.

I'm having problems running the game, what should I do?

First, read our detailed troubleshooting sticky at https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?136-Project-Gorgon-Support-Troubleshooting-Read-First! . If following those directions doesn't resolve your problem, please post on the forum in the support section or email support@projectgorgon.com.. (Please note that we are a small team and that we may not be able to provide an immediate email response.)

What ports does Project: Gorgon use for firewall purposes?
Project: Gorgon currently uses TCP port 9002 and may use UDP port 9002 in the future.

Gameplay
Is multi-boxing allowed?
No. The only permitted use of multi-boxing is for item muling.

Is there PVP?
Yes, but it is optional, very limited and will never be a major feature of the game. In particular, game skills will never be balanced around PVP.

Are dungeons instanced?
No. All dungeons are open world - you will be able to see and interact with all players that are in the same location you are.

I just started - how do I get off this island?
Check the "Stuff to Do" section in your quest log (accessed via the crown button in the right-hand menu). Something there may give you an idea.

If you are still stuck, try asking other players in the Help chat channel. Don't worry about asking for help - everyone was new at some point.

I got off the island and looked around a bit, but I feel lost now. What am I supposed to be doing?
Mostly, whatever you feel like doing. Look around some more, explore, talk to NPCs, kills some monsters, learn cooking, explore some more, get killed in new and interesting ways...

The Stuff to Do" section in your quest log has some ideas on what you can try in each zone.

I have a specific gameplay question - how can I get it answered?
The game's Wiki ( http://wiki.projectgorgon.com ) is a great resource for all things Gorgon. Inside the game, you can type /wiki to open a browser page to the wiki or you can type /wiki followed by the name of what you are looking for to go directly to the relevant page for your question. E.g. typing /wiki foraging should bring up the Wiki page for the Foraging skill.

You can always ask other players in game, too, of course. Or, if nobody can answer your question right away, try the forums at https://forum.projectgorgon.com.

Are there special commands I can type?
Type /help in the game for a list of available slash commands.

Forums and Website

How do I change my avatar?
To change your avatar, click the "settings" button in the upper left hand corner. Then scroll down to "My Settings" on the left bar and click "Edit Avatar".

How do I link my Steam account to my forum account?
Go to Settings in the top menu, then in the left menu, near the bottom, click on Steam Link Settings ( or go to https://forum.projectgorgon.com/profile.php?do=steamlink for a direct link)

( I think there is room to expand the FAQ still more, but my brain is feeling a bit squished at the moment. I sort of feel that a lot of the specific gameplay how-to questions may be better off being answered on the Wiki, though...)

Edit: Oh, forgot a couple already:
What major features are planned for the game?
There will be playable fairies, orcs and dwarves. Mounts and player housing. There will be a weather system and weather witching. There will be vampires. There will be more combat skills, more crafting skills and new zones.

What is the level cap?
The current level cap for most skill is 70 (plus bonuses). Eventually, the level cap will be 100 (raisable to about 125 with bonuses).