PDA

View Full Version : Brewing liquor

Niph
07-06-2017, 12:58 PM
When brewing barrels of liquor and beer, the combination of mats used gives a result that varies from players to players, but will stay the same for a given player and combination. Therefore, by testing combinations with low level recipes one can predict what a similar but high-level recipe will make.

Here I want to report the result of my complete test of all combinations of Potato Vodka. I chose it because it's available early (it's the lowest level liquor recipe) and because growing potatoes, while not exactly exciting (you need 1200 of them) was more bearable than foraging the same amount of apples...

In what follows, the first number is how many different combinations give identical results.

2x burst attacks deal +10 to elite monsters
2x chance for attack to miss +33% and sprint +0.1
2x chance for attack to miss +33% and sprint +0.1
2x chance to chop perfect wood +5% and chop extra wood +10%
2x chance to evade melee +1%
2x chance to forage extra seed +5% and extra mushroom +10%
1x chance to ignore knockback +1% and jump +0.3
3x chance to miss with projectile +5% and taunt +10%
4x dance appreciation +1
3x Dig Deep +10
3x flying +0.1
1x jump +0.1
3x major healing abilities +1
3x max armor +10
4x max breath +3 and swimming +0.1
8x max cleanliness +1. Note: this is probably different for other races
3x max health +8
3x max power +1
2x +6 melee damage on elite monsters
2x +6 projectile damage on elite monsters
2x take -1 damage from elite monsters
1x melee evasion +1%
3x sprint -1.5 and taunt +10%
4x taunt +1%
3x taunt -1%

Some combinations deal damage to various creature types (2 at least, up to 6 for Crone-kin). Note: I got zero for Plant and Reptile (bug?)

Some combinations give damage bonus for various damage type (2 of each, including two new types, Demonic and Divine). Note: I got zero for Piercing (bug?)

Some combinations give mitigation of melee damage (12 crushing, 12 slashing, 14 piercing).

For all races (humans, elves, rakshasas, orcs, fairies and dwarves) I got the following:
+1 max bodyheat
+1 max hydratation
+1 metabolism
+4 max power
+5 max health
+6 max health. Note: yes, one is +5 and the other +6 (bug?)

For races with a racial trait (humans, elves, rakshasas) I got the following:
2x +1% xp when racial trait active, no xp otherwise

As you can see, there is a combination for +8 max health regardless of race, and other for race-specific +5 or +6 max health. On the other hand, the generic combination for power gives +1 max when the racial one gives +4. This is probably not intended.

xerandus
07-06-2017, 02:08 PM
I've gotten a number of those same effects with beers, though I have never gotten the ones that mention elite monsters with them, only hard liquors. That might be to prevent stacking up to 3 of those effects if they happened with beers vs. the limit of 1 with hard liquors.

The two different +max HP effects persist at higher levels. I have made Orcish Bock (level 40 beer) with +39 for a particular race and another that had +50 for a particular race. I've had +19 max power for a particular race and +16 max power (generic), so that difference of 3 persists as well.