PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Apples

Aionlasting
06-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Hello,

The cook in serbule requires 20 apples for access to the cooking recipes. However, with the new apple changes, them being on tree's instead of collectables from the floor, this has become a very tedious and painfully slow process. Can you please fix this quest and make it less than 20? It's taken me about an hour to find five apples around serbule. I havn't moved into south serbule yet to see if the apples are more abundant there but this is very frustrating.

Kindly,
Aion

Crissa
06-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Mmm, as a player with lots of apples, I hadn't noticed but there do seem to be less spawn points than before. Also spread out more.

Silvonis
06-28-2017, 10:08 PM
It's not intended to be a trivial task, i.e. it takes time and effort to complete. If you play to play, instead of focusing soley on finding apples - you'll find plenty during your adventures. That said, we will continue to monitor and adjust accordingly.

Aionlasting
06-29-2017, 08:01 AM
Hello Sylvonis,

Thank you for the reply.

Butchering and skinning are also gated behind this NPC so the slow gathering of apples for animal players locks them out from three mandatory professions, and especially with the recent cooking changes making food mandatory its hard for me to understand and agree with your justification. Please reconsider.

Kindly,
Aion

Mortitia
06-29-2017, 12:03 PM
is there a specific req to collect them on trees ? Because i find it so easy now with trees, just making a round circle between the same trees and it takes less than 10 minutes to get 20.

Apsalar
06-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Expand your horizons head South....

Citan
06-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Like Silvonis said, we'll keep monitoring. I'm pretty surprised at only getting five apples in an hour. There are about 100 apple trees and grape stumps in Serbule at any time, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a few if you search around. They're also set up so that they often spawn in pairs. The idea is to make it more efficient to run "circuits" between a few pairs of trees.

They are much more spread out than before though.

Sheawanna
06-29-2017, 10:52 PM
I have not had any issues , both in serbule or south serbule . I think the spawns are right on target .

Aionlasting
06-30-2017, 08:21 AM
I eventually finished the quest. I decided to do some kill quests in south serbule and that helped offset my difficulty finding them as I focused on other things. The tree's came about as I did this.

I guess I didn't run circuits as some here seem to have done and realized was optimal. I was simply running around and killing and having a very hard time coming across any in serbule. They stick out more in south serbule as the tree's are mostly two shades, apple shade and non intractable shade.

I play the game on maximum everything graphics and perhaps this makes it harder to see them in serbule? Or maybe its just that I don't run 'circuits' and they are too far and spread out for anything but a circuit to be sensible and acceptable.

Either way, happy to be able to offer some feedback.

Kindly,
Alex

Crissa
06-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Yeah, there used to be some apple 'groves' or areas where the spawns were denser, making it more obvious.

This really brings forward we need to be able to write down these maps of things we've discovered, if only for ourselves. A nice little atlas of all the apple trees I've discovered I'd press extra buttons and lose a few cargo slots for.