PDA

View Full Version : I'm in: bunch of questions!

Arthemis
06-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Hey Gorgons!

I jumped into the game today and still wandering around the isle, raising random skills lol

I'd really like to now a bunch of things:

- I know there are lots of "mage-like" skills around, but will I be able to get some on the island or are they just meant to be a part of post-isle content? I don't wanna spoil myself, it's just to know and avoid watching videos (with this game I'm just pretending i'm in the 90s lol).

- Assume I have unarmed and archery slotted. Some equip states that it only functions while unarmed. It means that that particular piece automatically deactivates when I use the bow and triggers back when I use an unarmed skill?

- I quickly filled my inv slots and that's ok. But is there any "savage materials" mechanic in the works or I can freely discard weak stuff )outside materials I'll obviously keep?

- Is the game gonna stay class-less as it is (I hope so) or is there some plans to actually introduce class archetypes in the future?

- is there any way to whisper through the chat? Are there any guilds?

More to come, sorry. Thanks in advance!!
Cheers!

P.s. i'm Lhyn in game.

BetaNotus
06-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Welcome to Gorgon. I'll try not to spoil things too much.

Hey Gorgons!

I jumped into the game today and still wandering around the isle, raising random skills lol

I'd really like to now a bunch of things:

- I know there are lots of "mage-like" skills around, but will I be able to get some on the island or are they just meant to be a part of post-isle content? I don't wanna spoil myself, it's just to know and avoid watching videos (with this game I'm just pretending i'm in the 90s lol).

Most of the proper magic-based skills are found off of Anagoge Island, although there is a combat skill on the island that uses not-quite-magic to deal ranged damage. You will find someone to teach you a mage-like skill in the first town you most likely stumble upon, Serbule Keep.

- Assume I have unarmed and archery slotted. Some equip states that it only functions while unarmed. It means that that particular piece automatically deactivates when I use the bow and triggers back when I use an unarmed skill?

I don't use either of those two skills myself, but I might be interpreting this wrong. Unarmed has a few abilities that will only work when the player character has nothing in their mainhand or offhand (except for fist/claw type weapons). Barrage, "A flurry of blows that will leave an opponent briefly stunned. (Your hands must be empty.)" may not be used by someone holding a sword,staff, or bow. Some Unarmed abilities, such as Punch or Jab, only require a single empty hand. Front Kick can be used with both hands full.

- I quickly filled my inv slots and that's ok. But is there any "savage materials" mechanic in the works or I can freely discard weak stuff )outside materials I'll obviously keep?

There are two skills that let you break down items right now, but you probably won't need to start working on them until you get your first set of combat skills to 45-50. Both involve the manipulation of gear mods. When you leave the island, you will start to befriend NPCs. This will open up storage for you to hoard unwanted but potentially useful items.

- Is the game gonna stay class-less as it is (I hope so) or is there some plans to actually introduce class archetypes in the future?

While traditional class archtypes may be created by players through combinations of Combat Skills, the plan seems to be to allow players to mix and match skills as they wish. There are a few skills that have additional benefits and penalties to them. For example, players who infect themselves with Lycanthropy are forced into wolf form for three days around every full moon. There is no way to remove Lycanthropy. Certain other skills just don't work together, as some items require specific items to be in certain slots. A cow is unable to hold a sword, at least right now.

- is there any way to whisper through the chat? Are there any guilds?
The answer to both of these is yes. For a list of commands in-game, type "/help"

Crissa
06-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Note for the wary: The more mage-like an ability set is, the more expensive it will be to train. Psychology and Mentalism at one end, Fire and Necromancy at the other.

Some ability sets just assume you're not a newbie and have resources to train them (Archery for instance really needs advanced arrows to shine, advanced animal skills tend to be for instance, as well as some of the seemingly innocent weapons which aren't on Anagoge.)