PDA

View Full Version : New comer, curious!

Arthemis
06-17-2017, 03:48 AM
Hey!
Marco here, a bit curious about this project.
I'm looking for a new MMO to play. Since my question is more about a "general" introduction to the game from the viewpoints of players, I jot down a couple of points so to get if and how this game can be my place :)

1. exploration is key for me. Big worlds with hidden stuff, ESO like.
2. social aspect is really important.
3. if there's any light RP experience in the works, it can be great.

And an important thing: is this gonna have a subscription? Nothing wrong with it, just to know. :)

I would be really curious to know the general direction the devs wanna take with this project: a full fledged easy access modern mmo or an old school deep and difficult experience like, say, Ultima online?

Any other hints on how the game works or general advices on where to start are welcome!!!
Thank you!!
M.

Khaylara
06-17-2017, 04:24 AM
I didn't play the games you are referring to so hard to compare. I know that a lot of the PG players come from Asheron's Call, EQ and UO so my guess is they have similarities. I would describe it as an old school MMO with some quirks.

Subscription-only optional VIP type (they plan to keep it under 10 USD/month). The details aren't set in stone but their plan is not to have pay to win, more of a convenience subscription. About everything that can be obtained via VIP can be obtained in game also by doing quests. The model is "buy once play forever" and it's 40 USD for either early access when it gets launched on Steam or at launch (last finished game launch ETA was december 2017 but expect delays).

To answer your questions
1. It's an exploration based game, there are hidden things on all the maps, the game experience is great from that point of view. It's also an in depth exploration, you keep finding out about new skills or other things you can learn. Side note-it's an exploration game but also a reputation based game, some similarities with Morrowind.
2. Social aspect-the community is generally nice (above average nice) and responsive, you can make friends, join a guild or simply chit chat, there's always someone up to that. There's also usually someone willing to answer questions on Help chat so you shouldn't have a problem socializing.
3.RP-not the organized type afaik (not a RPer myself) but it definitely caters to that: it has death penalties that are only for RP purposes, playing animal forms...it's very hard NOT to RP when you're a cow or a deer. Many other features are RP friendly but I won't spoil it for you.

Advice if you just started-snoop around, read everything, talk to everyone. The game also has a player-made wiki, you can access it ingame by typing
/wiki whateveritisyouwannaknow. Try to figure things out yourself, there are many useful things to be learnt in tutorial. Also type /help ingame for a list of the basic commands.

Welcome and hope you enjoy it:)

ShieldBreaker
06-17-2017, 09:25 AM
Hi Arthemis, Welcome to Project: Gorgon.

Khaylara covered your questions, so just welcoming you to the community.

You'll probably want to make friends with a lot of the NPC people, so learn what they like with small talk and then give them stuff as gifts. There is a help channel ingame you can ask help in that can be accessed by click the help + trade tab on the chat window. Don't let your character go hunger, and try to take water with you if you are heading into a desert.