PDA

View Full Version : Mods?

ANT3RA
05-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Gday Team,

I need some help in clarifying how mods are generated on crafted and loot table gear.

We have this loot structure in game currently (in order of rarity)... I found this info on the wiki, and am unsure how current it is.

White Common - No Mods
Green Uncommon - One Mod
Blue Rare - Two Mods
Red/Orange? Exceptional - Three Mods
Purple/Pink? Epic - Four Mods
Yellow Legendary - Five Mods

Is this still the case for how many base mods are on that specific type of gear?

Further to this, and here is where my confusion lies...

How many mods (max) for a skill, in a two skill piece of gear (using yellow gear as an example), are permitted? Is it 5/0, 4/1, 3/2 etc?

Augmentation adds one mod. Does that mean it allows me to add a mod to an already maxed out mod set, or do the mod rules remain constant across the board? Example...If it is 5/0 for yellow gear, Aug does or does not allow me to go 6/0? Refer to previous question.

What happens when you do not follow these rules? Is this what becomes legacy gear?

I am trying to put a suit together so this info will come in handy. I may or may not have asked the appropriate questions in game and am still trying to get my head around it.

Cheers
Ants

ShieldBreaker
05-28-2017, 07:03 PM
The wiki is correct on the level of rarity.
The Skills have to balance when being generated.
2 mods you need one of each skill type.
3 mods you can have two of one kind but the third has to be the other kind
4 mods you need two of each skill type.
5 mods you need two of one kind and 3 of the other kind.

1 mod= 1 skill
2 mods = 1/1 skill type
3 mods = 2/1 skill type or 1/2
4 mods = 2/2 skill type
5 mods = 3/2 skill type or 2/3

Pretty sure your augmented add mod can be of either already existing skill type on the item. I usually have 4 of one skill, and 2 of the other. On 1 mod items your add-on could be anything, but rarely would one mod a 1 skill item.

Crissa
05-28-2017, 07:31 PM
You can still have a green two-mod item generate as a single skill.

I assumed that they're balanced against Rare items which can have 2:1 of one skill.

Mathematically, if green pieces have to split skill, that means they have a higher chance of being trash by dearth of having a lower chance of being relevant.

ANT3RA
05-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Thanks for feedback :)

cr00cy
05-29-2017, 03:47 AM
As people above me said, mods have to be balanced. Mods added with Agumentation do not count. So yellow item will have 3-2 mods, and then you can add another with agumentation making it either 3-4, or 4-2.

Crafted max-enchanted gear will have +1 mod and still have to be balanced, so yellow max-enchanted will be 3-3.

When you craft item with odd number of mods, skill tied to gem you put in primary slot will have higher number of mods. If you put 2 same gems, you will get random mods in addition to selected skill - this might be other skills, or generic mods - latter more often, from my experience.
If 2 gems tied to skills that cant be used together(ex. - sword and hammer) are used, you will get mods for skill put in primary(most of the time), and secondary set of mods will be generated randomly.

In this 2 cases, there is very small chance you will get mods for 3 diffrent skills - this will result in legacy gear. Note that your gear will be legaced only if you get mods for 3 actual skills - ex. Sword/shield/psychology. From what i remeber this will also happen if you ty to add mod for 3rd skill with agumentation.

It can happen that you get one (or more) generic mods, but such item wont be marked as legacy. For example:
Item with 3sword+1shield+1 psychology will be legacy.

Item with 2sword+2shield+1generic wont be legacy

Last case is Redwall crystals. If you use redwall in primary, you will always end up with "endurance" item, regardless of what you put in secondary slot.
If you put redwall in secondary, it will generate mods for random skill - more often generic (but not redwall ones) mods.