PDA

View Full Version : NPC and System Hints and Suggestions - possible spoilers!

ArkadyRandom
05-28-2017, 02:07 PM
I recently took a character through the starter island and when I got down to the dungeon and got to the red energy door and had to supply the answer to the question, I realized I had forgotten to write that down.

I vaguely recalled the answer but I got it wrong a couple of times. I could have kept guessing and eventually got it, but I wanted to try and find it again. I roamed the island trying to work through every dialog option and random clicky but had a hard time remembering who I had already talked to or where I had seen it.

If a character is in that scenario it would be nice if the failure feedback had a small reminder of where the character had seen it. So in that scenario I get zapped by the door and if
a) the character had not seen that information the feedback would be general and vague like it is now.
b) had seen that information they could be reminded that the Great Zorba may have mentioned it and maybe I should visit him again. Or didn't I recall seeing something about that in those old ruins south of the Great Bog.

The point is I didn't want the answer handed to me, but I found that after a long time cruising around trying to find the answer I couldn't stumble back upon where it was. I just needed a little nod sending me in the right direction to investigate that information more carefully.

The notepad tool is nice, but pretty crude for extensive personal wiki functionality.

Crissa
05-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Hmm, it might be that she doesn't tell you again after you have her tell you the story the first time.

Anyhow, it's supposed to be in one of the stories an NPC on the island has as one of their dialog options. I don't think there's a book that contains it, but might be.

I kinda hate that you can't go back through dialogs x-x

Khaylara
05-29-2017, 04:33 PM
Spoiler alert-it's actually a handwritten note an NPC scribbled with what appears to be a nursery rhyme:) Or at least that's what I recall.

If you really get stuck, consult wiki, i.e. /wiki Anagoge typed ingame will direct you to the starter island page.