PDA

View Full Version : Please help - map

BowtiesRCool
05-20-2017, 09:38 AM
I am struggling to get my mini map to function properly. The black arrow that should identify my location is instead tethered to my right mouse click. If I hold the right mouse click and turn my camera angle, the black arrow on the mini map moves all over the place. Any thoughts on a solution?
any help would be greatly appreciated

Extractum11
05-20-2017, 09:51 AM
IIRC this happens if you have 'experimental gui scale' set to anything other than the default, it's somewhere in "GUI and Windows"

BowtiesRCool
05-20-2017, 10:38 AM
yes! the ui scale does not play well with the mini map

Boric
05-20-2017, 10:58 AM
I was having lots of issues with the GUI. The map arrows were all over the screen (made it 'fun' to survey). I couldn't put stuff in the right spot in my inventory, couldn't put things in chests/banks, the 'drop item' box was in the middle of my inventory icons. Basically no fun at all!

But I think it's because I changed some settings and even when I tried to put them back to default I had issues. Was ready to give up but tried one last thing... logged out and renamed the new GorgonConfig.txt file so I would have everything back to default.

The downside is I don't have all the changes and preferences I liked - I'm back to vanilla. But it's playable again. So if you're in the same boat, you could try the same thing. After all, you can always delete the newly created config file and rename yours back!!!

srand
05-20-2017, 11:11 AM
One of the things that can mess up your mini-map is the experimental GUI scale slider. That's under Options -> GUI and Windows, fourth slider down the screen; it's called "GUI Scale (experimental! smaller is bigger!)".

The GUI scale can be useful for making chat readable but cause problems with the mini-map like what you have described, with the map pointer and any points of interest swinging wildly across the screen.

So my first thought would be to try turning the GUI Scale back up to 100% and see if that helps. Let us know!

EDIT: I moved this over from the duplicate post in Tech Talk. (I responded to the wrong one!)