PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore penalty recovery?

lestatgss
05-11-2017, 02:56 AM
So I'v activated the Hardcore death penalty. Already died several times and was wondering how long does my items remain in the dying location?

Niph
05-11-2017, 03:19 AM
This is a misunderstanding. Your items are broken, but still with you, and will remain so forever.

To repair an item broken because you died in hardcore mode, you must return to the location where you died and click it. Clicking outside that location will give you a message telling you how far you are, and clicking the tombstone will repair all items broken for that death (think of it as a shortcut to clicking them all).

Moki Mofiki
05-11-2017, 04:44 AM
Always been curious about this. If you die in hardcore mode and then logout, wait a few days and log back in. Does the Tombstone disappear and your items permanently broken? Or another scenario, there is a game patch between death and ability to find the tombstone. Just curiosities :)

Niph
05-11-2017, 05:18 AM
The tombstone is just a landmark and a shortcut. You can repair broken items without a tombstone, any time after they were broken.

Moki Mofiki
05-11-2017, 08:02 AM
I guess my question then is if the landmark (i.e. tombstone) is no longer there to select how do you repair the items. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am an experienced player just never messed with Hardcore mode.

Extractum11
05-11-2017, 09:44 AM
You right click the item when you're close to where you died. If you're not close enough, it'll tell you how far away the spot is.

Moki Mofiki
05-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Ah okay I get what you were saying now. Thank you for the explanation.