PDA

View Full Version : The new Serbule Feedback: (internal Screaming) (ne player explorationspoiler warning)

Luconis
05-10-2017, 06:41 AM
I am overflowing in oblivion nostalgia right now and screaming with glee on the inside.

It was night time when i logged on in serb and my initial reaction was WHOA, Holy fuck? What the hell happened here? Its, its, its.... Dark and so Different. Then i realized the texture on everything change Which made me feel happy, No more stock, free taken-from-a-website-looking textures. Whoa the stables changed and that rock i used to climb on the wall is gone. In fact most of the rocks have ether moved or disappeared inside town.

Then it dawns on me the landscape inside town has changed. I must leave town and explore at once.

The bridge Has Changed? it looks normal! The rocks outside have changed, I can see tress further off in the distance then i could before. everything is so pretty the fence has moved the pathway is wider. I am in awe.

I follow the path way that goes past the meditation pillar just outside of the walls. I was so obsessed with looking at things that i actually lost my sense of direction for a moment and ran around in circles trying to find a landmark. After 10 or so seconds I find the farm and came back to me senses. I see a tree stump, I has grapes, it does not despawn, huh, that's neat. I follow the path till the path disapears into the hills on the south side of the farm then turn back. to see where the other 2 paths go.

Run to the dock, admire the tall pine trees for their pinelyness. make it to the docks and think, well not to much has changed in terms of.... getting there? Idk how to explain it as such being that it was so different yest so familiar. I turn back to follow the path that leads to eltibule. start to follow the path but then i stop. A strange urge has come over me.

that crystal. I, I must.... Touch it... Its just..... Soooo pretty..... the way it glows in the dark void of night....

After a minute of idly staring at the crystal I finally snap out of it. I continue onward. I get to the house by the portal to realise... hang on, where'd the house go? Did a massive asteroid hit the planet here? Its so flat and brown, I turn to see that there is no longer an mansion but instead a rather small looking house. and not just 1 small looking house but 2. "hmm it looks like there looks like enough room here to develop more house maybe? Per chance? *I recon the sneaky devs are gonna put a town more houses here and make a second town*

I open my map to see my map pins are intact, that's good! I head to the brain bug cave I must see what else is new. More trees, wow nature looks so much more better so green and vibrant.
One thing i notice however.. is it me or is it taking longer then usual to get to the brain bug cave? *did the devs make serbule bigger? Like upscale the size of everything? so it takes longer to walk places? ah well no matter* I then run to the mushroom cave, I find that, the rat place rock thing seems a bit more well hidden, I admire that. I make it to the mushroom cave to see that the baby giant mushroom actually looks like a smaller version of the giant mushroom.

I then proceed up the cliff towards the hand. Hmm where'd the head go? there seems to be a mountain where the head was. oh no wait nevermiind the mountain is the head XD. The head actually looks like a petrified giant as apposed to a perfectly caved statue (did notice there was a tree clipped through his hood though. i then go to the crypt, everything seems the same except for one thing. I seems more.... open. the stonework looks more stone like. I litterally said to SassySusie ((i was in a discord call with her)) "Uhm is it bad if i actually want to live here? In the graveyard?" ((she laughed at me)). I run to the south Serb portal, the wolf quest place has changed but looks the same I keep on going.

The something different happens, Something that made me stop moving. "Huh? Why is everything suddenly a tinge of red?" Did someone cast a spell or something?" it starts getting reder, and reder. Then the sky sudden get a bit brighter. Whoa whats happening. I keep running and the it hits me once i get to the stone henge.

"OMG, There is an actual full day night cycle? WOW, Mind blown" i run to the old tutorial cave / after the island drop point to see another asteroid crater like thing similar to that of the eltibule portal area. * I bet 20 councils the devs are gonna put some sort of structure / hub here *

Go to borghild and take some fall damage from dropping off the top of the entrance, huh that's odd, Borghild seems so much bigger. I like it!

I then look for the entrence to the sewers, water is so much thicker and dirty looking. not bad, I was however disappointed to see that the sewer entrence was still just a portal. i was hoping to see a pipe sticking out of a the ground but given the pas10 or so minutes of awe, I'm gonna let it slip.

I then go to the edge of the water (close to town) and watch the sun rise. So relaxing.

================================================== =================

I then change my settings from fastest to fast and my jaw hits the desk so hard it snaps.

Luconis
05-10-2017, 06:42 AM
One thing to note is that on fastest The clouds and the landscape in the distance was super grainy at dawn. on fast everything is so much better but from where i am standing there is still one hill off in the distance that is grainy looking. (( im on a low end laptop so yeah idk if its me or everyone who gets like that)) I did also notice my Fps on lowest was lower then what it was before the update ((9 to 15 fps post update , flat 15 fps pre update)) then I go from fastest to fast. ((instead of 9 to 15 fps post update on fastest I'm going from 3 to 20 fps post update on fastest))

Worm
05-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Uh, so I guess I'll post here rather than make a new thread. Serbule is choppy for me when turning but pretty good otherwise after putting in some of the fixes in the patch notes. Though I've noticed some huge drops in the myconian caves when pulling a bunch of them which don't seem to happen in eltibule when I have a number of bears on me and that problem persists even with settings on fastest. I turned off Occlusion Culling but it didn't help a lot with Camera turning. This was an issue for me in both south serbule and the keep in serbule proper. It's much worse in the keep but definitely the worst drop I got so far was in Myconian caverns.

Moki Mofiki
05-10-2017, 10:39 AM
I really want to see the middle of Serbule and all the changes. From walking around outside of Serbule I love the graphics and it does give less of a default map. The changes are awesome. I do however still have the small issue of being a Mac user with no access inside the city walls without instant lock up.

Can those of you that can freely navigate Serbule within its walls please post a few screenshots for those of us that are crying on the inside? Maybe even a video walking through town would be awesome :)

BetaNotus
05-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Can those of you that can freely navigate Serbule within its walls please post a few screenshots for those of us that are crying on the inside? Maybe even a video walking through town would be awesome :)

A few people have started to post them here (https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?8-Screenshot-Thread).

Moki Mofiki
05-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Cool thank you