PDA

View Full Version : May 9 Update on Mac's

Moki Mofiki
05-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Apparently todays update has caused users playing on Macbook's to no longer be able to enter Serbule. So far I have spoken with several people about this and everyone with this issue are on Mac's.

As detailed as I can get it:
When entering Serbule via "The Light" it is freeze immediately. If we use the /unstickchar CHARNAME and go to noob island all seems fine.
When entering Serbule via Eltibule everything is fine and we can all run around freely until getting too close to the Serbule town walls in which case the client freezes again requiring the client to be force closed.

Is there any ETA on a fix for those of us on Mac's and/or is there anything we can do to get you more information?

Anyone else out there with this issue please report your experience here as well, thanks.

Yertle
05-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Same issue here on a MacBook Pro (2015). I haven't done the UnStick method, but Eltibule was fine then did Enter the Light and hit Serbule and no good :/

Rowina
05-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Hello All,
I am playing on a one year old iMac and i am having the same issues exactly like mofiki said. I tried logging in in safe mode and my graphics settings are set to lowest and yet Serb is no go. I just tried unsticking char and entering serb from elt again. i saw the house at drop and got stuck right away. I hope Mac clients will get a solution. I would hate to let the game go.... Eric please let us know if you are going to take care of this and more or less the ETA.

Thank you in advance

Rowina (AC Legacy)

Erthiel
05-10-2017, 12:35 AM
I have the same problem on my rMBP13 (late 2013). :(
Thanks for the /unstick command could not find it yesterday night. Might be worth adding it to /help.

EDIT:
Actually even entering Serbule zone or making couple steps causes my application to stop responding. So no gaming for me.

poulter
05-10-2017, 04:12 AM
Same issue on iMac Retina (late 2014) model - screen loads, but then hangs displaying rotating timer & becomes non-responsive. FPS was seen at 0.

Logged in on main character, got to Serbule loading screen. Saw items being auto-updated message then screen just hung
Relogged using alternative toon in Safe mode. Same issue - saw auto-update message then screen hung
Retried alternative toon without safe mode - hung whilst loading Serbule screen
Both toons were located inside Serbule

Logged in via guest account (converted to proper account during play) played through tutorial island (including soloing Gajus) with no issues
Teleported to Serbule zone. Killed multiple animals with no issues outside Serbule town
Re-logged as same ex-guest toon, machine hung whilst loading Serbule zone
Toon was outside Serbule

Relogged as main-account alt. Serbule screen loaded as normal (i.e. saw Serbule building), but then hung as before i.e. rotating timer.

Logged in using ex-guest toon account in Safe mode - no difference. Screen hung with rotating timer before toon was displayed.
Toon was outside Serbule.

Moki Mofiki
05-10-2017, 06:08 AM
Some Info in case it helps:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Radeon Pro 455:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 455
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67ef
Revision ID: 0x00c7
ROM Revision: 113-C980AF-908
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 4.0.29 [3.2.8]
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.908
Metal: Supported
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Retina LCD
Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Built-In: Yes

Rowina
05-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Here is my iMac info:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor 3,3GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB

OS X El Capitan V 10.11.6

I also have issues in kur- my character is sometimes sunk in the ground surface. I dont remember having that as bad besides in the area of the yeti area

poulter
05-10-2017, 11:36 AM
********** Able to get game working on iMac Retina machine ************

Reset all 4 3D window settings to zero in advanced overrides and then to 0.5 & was able to control toon, use inventory etc - though visible screen view was 1/4 size
Reset all 4 3D Window settings to default (i.e. no override) and game continued to work as normal /expected - in full screen
Re-logged several times and all OK

Water set at 2
Resolution 2560 x 1440 fullscreen
Quality Good with auto-adjust

FPS reporting as between 45 and 49

Crissa
05-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I just get spinny ball of death. Not even a graphics error.

Erthiel
05-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Full screen does not work for me but at least this :D
http://imgur.com/a/RqFEK
http://imgur.com/a/RqFEK

Silvonis
05-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Reference Support Thread (https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?136-Project-Gorgon-Support-Troubleshooting-Read-First!):

"MAC OS Users should be able to locate the log at /Users/username/Library/Logs/Unity/. It may be named player.log instead of the above-referenced title."

Silvonis
05-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Possible Temporary Fix

Apply each step individually/seperately.

Reset ALL 3D Window Settings to (0) Zero in Advanced Overrides.
Set ALL 3D Window Settings to (1) One in Advanced Overrides.
Reset ALL 3D Window Setttings to default (no overrides).
Set Water to (2) two.
Set Quality to Good, disable auto-adjust.

Please report back here if this improved your gameplay.

Rowina
05-10-2017, 01:28 PM
All those things dont work for me Silvonis. I tried everything. I have to log in from my husband's pc to get one of my alts in serb send my main to starter island every time i get close to serb town...I will send the log file to Eric asap

****UPDATE****
I did all that again.... It worked fine till i reached the turn to Tadion in merchants quarter... then came the spinning ball of death!

log on its way... :(

Rowina
05-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Log Sent to email.

Thank you :-)

Moki Mofiki
05-10-2017, 05:43 PM
So it seems that doing those things helped me actually load into Serbule but as as I walk around I cannot make it more than a minute or 2 before lock up as it did before.

It seems that may have been a fluke though because now completing those steps doesn't help me at all anymore. I keep attempting new combinations but nothing seems to be working :(

Silvonis
05-10-2017, 05:48 PM
If you have not sent in your crash log already, please refer to the sticky thread in the support section and send in your log as it will be extremely helpful as we continue to debug the situation(s). Thanks!

Crissa
05-10-2017, 06:44 PM
What is Advanced Overrides?

No, wait, I figured it out.

Logs sent.

Moki Mofiki
05-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Log sent to support email address, thank you.

Moki Mofiki
05-11-2017, 09:26 PM
So I logged in after updating and instant lock up. My avatar is in Rahu so nothing to do with Serbule. The previous update had no effect on Rahu and was running smooth everywhere besides Serbule.

Relogged with an Alt and unstuck my main. All was smooth on Noob Island so I decided to Die and enter the light. There in the afterlife all was smooth as well.

Went to Serbule and instant lock up.

EDIT: I will continue messing with it tomorrow but its late and I have to get some sleep. Those of you on Mac I am interested to hear if things are worse or the same for you.

Silvonis
05-11-2017, 09:40 PM
As noted in the patch notes, unfortunately, there were no MAC specific fixes in this patch. Please remain patient as we continue to work through the issues.

Silvonis
05-12-2017, 01:34 AM
If anyone on a MAC is experiencing issues and you are using an external monitor (i.e. a laptop connected to an external monitor) please unplug the external monitor and report back. Thanks.

Moki Mofiki
05-12-2017, 04:44 AM
As noted in the patch notes, unfortunately, there were no MAC specific fixes in this patch. Please remain patient as we continue to work through the issues.

I understand there were no Mac fixes in this update I was just making sure to bring up that there is an added issue from the May 11 update. I have not been able to navigate out of Rahu or Serbule since they are both locking up and I have no other location to get to from Noob Island at this time. If I can be dropped in a different zone to test that would be great (random is fine)

Also an external monitor seems to have no effect for me one way or another.

Thanks

EDIT: I did perform all of the 3D/Water fixes and Rahu seemed to be working again for a miniute. Can't stay in Rahu for more than a few seconds and it locks up. Its not just Serbule having issues :(

EDIT 2: Made it to Kur after many reboots and slowely moving that direction. To top it off I drank a few beers and kept turning lol

EDIT 3: While less of an issue as its only happened once, I did freeze up (required a reboot) in Eltibule while gardening. I was planting barley and when I turned the camera it locked up. The difference here was relogging did not instantly freeze again and there was no need to unstickchar.

Rowina
05-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Yes i also froze twice while afk in the garden in Elt after Mofiki told me he did. i did send a crash log. i am going to test Rahu in a sec and report. Someone who is using linux told me to lower the game screen size while in Serb. i will try that too though this is of course not a solution

Update: logged in in Elt Garden and froze... :/

Crissa
05-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Not using an external monitor.

poulter
05-14-2017, 05:39 AM
*********** Potential workaround on Mac Retina? *********
Tried settings below, played for two hours, reloaded several times between 2 accounts, used multiple toons - in & around Rahu & Serbule, including 'Go to the Light'

Settings:
2560 x 1440, Fastest, Auto-adjust off
Advanced Overrides
All at default apart from trees
Set Tree Draw distance, Max High-res Trees & Tree Billboard distance to 0

Looks weird, but currently able to play
FPS in Serbule = 48 to 50

Rowina
05-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Yesssss Poulter your solution works for me too!!! i just got a "pooooof" crash once and no more. no vegetation and i am good in serb town too...!!! So i hope that gives you guys some info about what's crashing us on mac. i am so glad to be back in serb!!

Crissa
05-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Alas, it's not working for me. I'm still getting some massive memory leak which is just flat crashing it before it finishes loading.

Moki Mofiki
05-14-2017, 07:09 PM
*********** Potential workaround on Mac Retina? *********
Tried settings below, played for two hours, reloaded several times between 2 accounts, used multiple toons - in & around Rahu & Serbule, including 'Go to the Light'

Settings:
2560 x 1440, Fastest, Auto-adjust off
Advanced Overrides
All at default apart from trees
Set Tree Draw distance, Max High-res Trees & Tree Billboard distance to 0

Looks weird, but currently able to play
FPS in Serbule = 48 to 50

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test (Mothersday weekend has been busy for me). That said I just logged in and it seems to be working well. Thank you Poulter so much for the workaround.

EDIT: So I am in Eltibule gardening and every time I grab water and start to turn right to run back to the gardening area I freeze up and have to relog. It seems like every time a fix is found it is temporary or has to be completed with each relog :(

Rowina
05-16-2017, 01:08 AM
I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test (Mothersday weekend has been busy for me). That said I just logged in and it seems to be working well. Thank you Poulter so much for the workaround.

EDIT: So I am in Eltibule gardening and every time I grab water and start to turn right to run back to the gardening area I freeze up and have to relog. It seems like every time a fix is found it is temporary or has to be completed with each relog :(

Mofiki i had the same but since i disabled all vegitation with the 2 tree settings my game is ugly and bare but i can play it with almost no freezing including Elt garden

Moki Mofiki
05-16-2017, 06:00 AM
As it stands I have turned off all vegetation and the game is running much better. That said there are still 2 places that I freeze every time and it is situational it seems as well. Here are my scenarios:

Walking into the market are with all the player shops I freeze although if I back into the shops I can go to each vendor without issue. I tested this several times with the same result lol. Its funny but true. I walk backwards all over the area and the occasional 1 second glitch, when I turn around and take 2 steps forward it freezes completely.

second is walking up to Joeh I freeze every time as I start to enter his home. If I back into the home and get behind him so I can talk with him it is fine. Again funny but true on several attempts.

I have noticed an increase in freezes at night in Serbule vs day time. This seems to be the most noticeable difference between almost free reign and constant freezing.

srand
05-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Good news, everyone! Well, better news than before, anyway. :)

Between your crash logs, your in-game reports, and the information you have all shared in this thread about what was working and what wasn't, Citan has identified (and tentatively fixed) what he believes is the major, insidious problem behind most or all of the Mac problems.

He needs to do some more testing to make sure other things aren't also involved, and that this fix doesn't cause other major problems, but you can tentatively (there is that word again!) expect an update within the next several days.

So hang in there, Mac people - there is hope for you yet!

Moki Mofiki
05-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Great news! ... thank Citan for all his hard work for us :)

and thanks for the cake :)

Moki Mofiki
05-16-2017, 12:22 PM
New issue all of a sudden today (not entirely sure that I changed anything). Every time I try to login with my main it just hangs on the load screen. I have to login with an alt and /unstickchar then relog with my main and all is fine. Its done this the last 4+ times I have logged out and tried to log back in today. Its an odd issue to just pop up.