PDA

View Full Version : Major Feedback after playing for many hours

Zherot
05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
I want to say that i was really surprised that this game actually kept me interested for this long and i really liked the experience i had while playing it, like i said to some of the few nice guys i met ingame, i could be playing any game right now, any game that it is actually finished but i am here playing this game and if that doesn't tell that i like the game then i don't know what is gonna do.

That being said the game is FAR from perfect and I'm gonna give my HONEST feedback, no fanboy BS, no "it is purfuuuct" crap that doesn't help anyone, criticizm makes things better, staying silent and pretending everything is ok makes games like Wildstar go to hell, so here it goes:

THE GOOD

- The loot, seriously, is really rewarding to feel like you are getting upgrades and items have different and INTERESTING affixes that change how you play your character, MORE OF THIS, you can't go wrong with this direction, a lot of people LOVE loot, and this is AMAZING.

- Learning skills, AGAIN, is really rewarding that you learn skills as you use them and you feel like there is always something comming and the feel of getting a new skill is AMAZING, more of this, you really need to have TONS of skills to make variety, this means not 2 people using swords is going to be the same, gear and skills they pick are going to make then different even if they are both sword users. GREAT.

- Used item tabs in shops is GREAT, i never had this feeling before, i have always liked to hunt loot and then sell it or stuff, now it is even more rewarding because i feel like i am indirectly helping people that may buy what i got, the whole one man's trash is other man's treasure has never been more truth.

- Music direction, i didn't experience a lot of music because there seems to be only a few tracks, but it seems to be on point, it really makes you feel that you are in a great oldschool RPG.

- Character improvement, you really feel like each new piece of gear or new skill makes you stronger.

- Hard monsters and areas, i think is really good that finally i can't just faceroll everything in my path, finally i get this rewarding feeling that my character has improved and now i can run through an area i just previously couldn't, keep this feeling all the time, but don't overdo the difficulty, just make it right so this feeling of improving stays.

- Many skills and stuff to do, not much to say here.

- Favor system is a great system but can use some tweaks , but i really like the idea of progressing through a relationship with an NPC makes them more "real" and not just background furniture.

- Work orders for players... this is GREAT, another way to make the community interact with each other, they place basically a quest and you get money for fulfilling it, it is amazing, just be careful to make it balanced in a way that there is always something you could work for and not pigeonhold everyone into the same professions, gathering stuff, etc or it will become imbalanced.

- Individual shops are great but they could use tweaks, they are too expensive and require too much investment but i love the idea.

THE BAD

- While i like the idea of the game not "holding my hand", the game is too vague on many things, seriously i had to ask a LOT of things in the chat because i just didn't know how to do this, or do that, how to get to some places, where to go to get this stuff and the community is really shitty right now, there is MANY individuals that outright treat you like shit just for asking questions, the game needs to be more clear in how to get the stuff you are being asked in quest or where to go etc.

- You can't expect people to do EVERYTHING or to be masters of EVERYTHING, many quests and skill requirements need you to do stuff of many different professions or get items form different jobs, is just completely unrealistic that 1 player can be a gatherer, chef, alchemist, traveler, dungeon crawler, miner, doctor, i mean... some people enjoy doing some stuff others don't, some people will take a path, others don't and if suddenly my next skill requieres me to do something i don't like or i don't want to do the game STOPS BEING FUN and starts becoming a CHORE, for example getting Amethyst requires to do "surveys" i honestly don't want to bother with that crap, some people may like it and enjoy it but i just don't and i don't want to be forced to do stuff i don't want to do.

So the way you fix this is to make sure people can just specialize in whatever they want without being forced to do stuff they don't want to do, don't gate stuff behind profession requirements etc, don't gate important stuff that may requiere you to do stuff you don't want to invest into, not everyone enjoys crafting, not everyone wants to be a crafter, some pople just like to dungeon crawl or to travel or kill things.

Note: if someone wants to do everything then cool, allow them to do so, after all this is a sanbox right?, so it is supposed to let you do anything you want, don't force people to do stuff they don't want to.

- Wisp function needs a revamp, you can't expect people to type /t NAME everytime or /r everytime, the latter is really incovenient if 2 or more people are talking to you, you WILL send a message to someone that you didn't wanted to, you are writing and suddenly you get another message, boom!!! your answer goes to the wrong person.

- Traveling starts feeling like a chore without a reliable way to fast travel, i know it is a game about exploring, and that is great, but i really want a reliable way to move around quickly, the fact of the matter is this: people are killing themselves over and over to teleport back to where they were... they are already "abusing" this because it is a chore to walk all the time, so make a reliable way to teleport, is not hand holding it is a quality of life change.

- Game needs serious optimizations, it stutters a lot, i know, it is an alpha, but i have to tell it anyway that is why i played after all.

- Needs more music variety, music direction is great as i said, but sometimes the game just remains silent... i need an atmosphere.

- Favor system problems are tied to the "you can't expect everyone to be everything" thing, NPC's ask for a lot of things that you can only get via gathering or crafting professions, what if people don't want to bother with crafting AT ALL?

- NPC's Work orders... same with the above, they keep asking for stuff obtained only via crafting, not everyone wants to be a crafter guys, please don't force people to do it if they don't want to.

- Player shops need to cost less money, they are actually not viable at all until who knows how much time you have invested and you are already rich... which makes rich players richer... that is gonna kill the economy.

- Crafting seems to be the best thing to invest to earn money, this imbalance will kill the economy, crafters get access to everything and get to make the most money, then they put a shop and earn even more money and have access to more stuff, you don't like crafting or don't want to invest into that?, then fuck you. You need to make other reliable stuff to make money for people that don't want to be crafters and crafters need to be NERFED, they are just too good right now.

- Limit in money weekly on NPC's is TOO harsh specially for people that enjoy making money by looting dungeons and killing things, see?, only crafters get the best deal while people that don't enjoy crafting get punished for not wanting to craft and just wanting to explore and loot dungeons, kill bosses and selling their loot.

THE COMMUNITY

As developers you don't get to control the community and this is tottally NOT your fault but im telling you this so you prepare yourselves in ADVANCE, the community is pretty bad, i have seen many elitist cunts that otright insult you or harass you for asking stuff or making criticism (in a fucking alpha version of the game are you kidding me?, that is the reason we are playing to give feedback fanboys!!!), is just not good for new players I'm telling you, so you need to make sure that EVERYTHING is crystal clear for new players so they actually don't have to rely on the community because this people will TEAR THEM APART and you will lose people, this fanboys think they are "helping" you, but no, they will end up hurting you because elitism RUINS GAMES, look at Wildstar seriously, you want new players to stay not to be scared by this people, but you can't control this morons so you need to make sure that for new players everything is well explained and detailed.

This people can potentially kill your game if you don't prepare yourselves in advance, because this guys are so stupid that they believe they are "defending" the game when in fact they are scaring people away with their insults, passive agressive behavior and harassment, is in your best interest that you prepare for this and give new players the best experience they can have so they don't get scared.

PAYMENT MODEL

I honestly support the B2P model BUT having B2P and subscription is not a good move, I honestly don't like the idea of first buying a game and then be in disadvantage versus people that can spend more money in a subscription, this is not good, either stick with B2P with NO subscription OR go F2P with a subscription with benefits.

In both cases put a cash shop with cosmetics, pets, decorations, UI patterns or colors, who knows, stuff that doesn't give advantage and can be bought with real money, race changes, gender change, name change, who knows.

CONCLUSION

Great game with TONS of potential, you just need to reblance game mechanics to make it really "do what you want" sandbox, more clear objectives and more directions to understand what to do, "wi dunt wunt hund hulding murun gu buck to WOW" no stupid cunt, is called QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES (this wasn't directed towards the developers rather towards many of the individuals that i encountered in the community), this helps new players come, enjoy their experience and stay, this helps EVERYONE, you can have both, detailed tutorials and guidanse and no handholding, you don't need to be extremist, and also need to be careful with the payment model, having B2P and sub is really greedy, sorry, i mean this is my feedback and i see it that way, subscription right now looks like it is P2W in a B2P game, people will not like this.

I WISH YOU THE BEST DEVS BECAUSE YOU ARE STRAYING AWAY FROM THE OLD FORMULA AND THIS IS WHAT MMO'S NEED THIS DAYS OR ELSE THE GENRE WILL DIE.

srand
05-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. However, I believe I already spoke to you about using that kind of derogatory language to refer to other players. As in: Don't.

I am locking this thread. But be assured that we have read it.