PDA

View Full Version : FOOD Help

MorKazim
01-04-2017, 12:59 AM
hello,

it seems that I am lost with the foods.
I know that I can combine some food with cheese but that's is...

can you help me with this? what foods & drinks combine?

thank you.

FURY
01-04-2017, 10:38 AM
The cooking page on the Wiki (http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Cooking) used to have what could be used together. It might be a helpful place to start, otherwise it would probably take some testing to see what counts as what but its probably not far off what is on the wiki currently.

From the Patch Notes 10/29/16 (Food/Combat Update):

Meals are super important now! Both food and drink items are now called "Meals". (Snacks are still separate.) Meals generate in-combat regeneration as well as out-of-combat regeneration. Without a level-appropriate meal, you're going to have a much harder time surviving combat! (In contrast, Snacks always have instantaneous effects.)
There's another gotcha here: Meals now have a Gourmand level requirement. If you've been ignoring Gourmand skill, it's time to start leveling it up! Eating new foods is by far the fastest way to level Gourmand. We recommend throwing food-trading parties as the easiest way to get new foods. (You can see what foods you've already eaten in the Skills window.)

(Bold for emphasis)

So, if it was a Meal or Drink its now a Meal, Snacks are still Snacks, some might have changed (meals to snacks etc.) but that's just how things progress. ;)

cr00cy
01-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Well if you are not sure if what you have is meal or snack look at bonuses it gives. Meals give high regen bonuses, with slighty more hp regen than drinks. Drinks give slighty more power regen, and some of them increase max power. Liek Fury said boith drinks and meals counts as meal now, so you cnat stack them.

Snack can be stacke dwith meals. Thye give slight less regen than meals. On top of that, they give significant bonus to max hp and power. Plus most of them have info in they tooltip that they are snacks.

MorKazim
01-04-2017, 11:13 PM
thank you for the help.

Extractum11
01-06-2017, 01:25 PM
There are 3 categories (these names are made up, I don't know what the actual ones are):
Buffing Meals - these give you a buff
Buffing Snacks - these give you a buff + stat bonuses
Normal Snacks - these just restore health/power

Buffing Meals - you can have 1 of these active at a time. They don't say anything special in the description.

Buffing Snacks - you can have 1 of these active at a time. Their description always includes "(Snack foods stack with meal foods; you can eat one of each and get the benefits of both.)"

Normal Snacks - you can eat as many as you want (until you run out of metabolism) and it won't override either of your other buffs. The confusing part is that these say "Meal Level X" in their tooltips, which is probably why the system doesn't make sense to new (or old) players.

List of Buffing Snacks (http://pastebin.com/ErLggVkd)
List of Normal Snacks (http://pastebin.com/LYfZVuC2)

MorKazim
01-07-2017, 11:33 AM
thank you m8